The economic slowdown - how Wychavon can help
As the recession hits you may need some extra support and
advice. So we’ve gathered together useful sources from both
Wychavon and other organisations to help if you’re a resident or a
This special guide will point you in the right direction for
help and information from Wychavon and other useful
Use the links for more detail.
In the present financial climate, you may feel that you need
some extra support and advice.
- New NHS helpline for people stressed by the credit crunch -
0300 123 2000
- Or for online information click
- For information if you’re struggling to pay your council tax
- Worried about loosing your home or currently homeless? Click
here for more information.
- There is also extra support for people facing redundancy with
the new Jobcentre Plus
Rapid Response service.
- Surprisingly helpful information can be found on the Financial
Services Authority website. For information on financial products
and services, a financial health check, a debt test and help to
improve your budgeting.
- The Citizen’s Advice Bureau
provides advice and information on benefits, employment, debt, tax,
legal rights and lots more.
- Directgov - Public
Services all in One Place. Includes dealing with redundancy,
keeping your home and budgeting.
- Careers Advice – all aspects of employment including
work-related benefits, redundancy, childcare and more.
- Save money and energy with
energy efficiency important for residents and businesses
Free professional advice for businesses on diversification and
expansion, doing things differently, moving to new premises, health
and safety, change of ownership and food safety.
- If your business property has a rateable value of less than
£15,000 you may qualify for
Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR).
- Support from
Business Link on marketing, customer base, financial strategy,
managing debt and much more.
- Information on
Learn-Direct's online public procurement course.
- Advice for smaller firms on how to bid for