You are here: Home Page > News > 2012 > February > Diamond Jubilee street parties

Diamond Jubilee street parties

Are you hoping to organise a street party to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee over the bank holiday weekend of 2-5 June?

If you are, you’ll need to apply for a Temporary Road Closure Notice.

And to make sure as many people as possible are able to organise street parties, Wychavon District Council won’t be charging the normal £80 fee (£85 after 1 April 2012) for the Notice.

Jack Hegarty, Wychavon District Council’s Managing Director, said: “We’re keen that everyone in Wychavon gets the chance to celebrate this historic occasion.  We’re working to make sure that everyone who wants to hold a party can do so as easily as possible, with the minimum of bureaucracy involved.”

He added: “It does take time for a road closure to be processed, and we work with emergency services like the police and the fire service to organise them.  So to avoid disappointment, we urge you to get your application in as soon as possible.”

To apply for a Temporary Road Closure Notice go to

Or for more information about celebrating the Jubilee go here.  

For more information on how to complete the Temporary Road Closure Notice form, contact David Hood on 01386 565284 or e-mail

How do you rate this
information / service?

Rate this page

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Flickr
  • RSS
  • The GOV.UK Website

This page was last reviewed 15 February 2012 at 10:14 by Emma Wild.
The page is next due for review 13 August 2012.