Health Action Groups
There are 2 Health and Wellbeing groups in Wychavon – Pershore and Droitwich.
The aim of these groups is to work to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of the LSP area, and reduce health inequalities experienced by some social groups or people living in geographical areas of greater social need
The objectives of each group are:
- To promote the health and wellbeing of the people of the LSP area.
- To assess and consult on the health and wellbeing needs of the people of the LSP area in order to inform agreed priorities.
- To provide leadership and coordinated action to meet identified needs and improve the health and wellbeing and reduce health and social inequalities in health in the Wychavon area.
- To commit to partnership working across organisations to develop and deliver against an action plan of agreed priorities and the health and wellbeing elements of the community strategy and Local area agreement.
- To network and share information and knowledge regarding current provision and services that may benefit the local community.
Minutes of Meetings
What projects have come out of the Health Action Groups?
Pershore Dementia Cafe
The new Pershore Dementia Café meets on the second Wednesday of each month at Pershore Town Hall in the High Street from 12noon to 2pm.
The café is for people with dementia, their families, friends and carers and is a place where they can meet, make new friends and enjoy lunch together. Dementia cafés give people affected by dementia the chance to share their experiences, speak openly about dementia and support one another, in a relaxed and safe environment. In addition they help people to socialise and encourage people with dementia to interact and feel included'.
We have a programme of speakers who give short, informal talks about topics related to living well with dementia and there is also the opportunity to meet with and chat to local health professionals such as the Dementia Adviser or Admiral Nurse.
Someone who recently attended the café said: "Excellent throughout as usual. The standard remains outstandingly brilliant, thank you so very much."
For more information please contact Helen Attree on 01684 891455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about these groups or how to get involved, please call Community Health Improvement Coordinator, Clare Charlton on 01386 565182 or email email@example.com