How Do I Bid By Text?
You can only Bid for Properties where you match what the advert asks for.
For example, if the property advert states ‘Suitable for a couple and 2 children only' - regardless of your banding/priority - only couples with 2 children can bid for that property.
Every Tuesday morning we publicise the list of available properties. You have until 12o'clock midnight on the following Monday to place a bid.
You have a maximum of 3 bids each week. Bids must be on separate properties that you are eligible for. If you change your mind, then you can withdraw your bid and place a bid for a different property.
Don't be worried about the word ‘Bid', you won't be parting with any money. All this means is that you are actively interested and wish to be considered for the Property or Properties you are applying for.
|Step One|| |
You will need to have the following ready:
|Step Two||Start New Text Message|
|Step Three|| |
Type: Your Registration Number [space] Your Date of Birth [space] First Property Reference Number [space] Second Property Reference Number [if applicable].
|Step Four||Send to 07781 486644|
I am a Housing Association Tenant, can I still Bid for Properties?
If you are an existing Housing Association Tenant within the Wychavon District and are seeking a move, you will need to register with Home Choice Plus. You will need to have a genuine reason for moving, this may be that your family size has changed or you have a medical reason for wanting to move.
You will need to have a clear Rent Account and your home must be in good order. Your landlord must also agree to the move.
Rooftop Housing Group Tenants
If you are a Rooftop Tenant you can discuss your application with them if you wish on 01386 420800 or contact them at Rooftop Housing
Are there any reasons that I may not be allowed to Bid?
- If you have a history of Anti-Social Behaviour within the last 2 years you may not be considered through Home Choice Plus.
- If you have Rent Arrears to a former Landlord you will be allowed to register but may not be eligible to Bid for any Properties until you have cleared these Arrears.
- Some people from Overseas where their immigration status has not been determined will not be registered until their application has been investigated
Anyone making False Applications may be liable to prosecution.
You can withdraw your bid at any time by:
- Calling us on 01386 565020
- Visiting any of the Wychavon Contact Centres, or Housing Associations within the scheme
- Calling the Automated Bidding Line on 0875 270 0557
- Visiting our online database at https://www.homechoiceplus.org.uk/Data/ASPPages/1/9.aspx