Our Intelligently Green Awards are about celebrating local green projects and activities that also benefit the community or save money.
Nominations open on 12 February 2016.
To mark the launch of the awards we're inviting residents to wear a green heart and show their love for the environment. Find out more here.
Who can enter?
You can nominate yourself, an organisation you are involved with, or someone else for an award.
The five award categories are:
- individual and household - sponsored by imaGine
- small businesses - sponsored by JellyPickleJam and The Evesham Greengrocer
- larger businesses and public sector organisations - sponsored by Areca Design
- community groups - sponsored by Hayloft Plants
- schools and colleges - sponsored by University of Worcester
Nominations must be for projects and activities that took place in the Wychavon district between 1 April 2014 and 31 March 2016. Projects must contribute to one or more Intelligently Green Plan themes - energy, construction, transport, food, tourism and green space.
The awards are a great way to promote your project or activity and find out about other green initiatives in Wychavon. All eligible nominees will receive a certificate, two tickets to the awards ceremony and a mention on this website.
The winners will receive: recognition for their project, a lovely award, an extra ticket to the awards ceremony, publicity through print, online and social media and branding to use on emails, letters and other materials.
The awards ceremony
How to enter
Nominations open on 12 February and close on 22 April 2016. You will be able to download a nomination form here or pick one up from one of our Community Contact Centres.
The judges are looking for evidence that nominated projects and activities:
- can demonstrate both environmental and community or financial benefits
- have made a significant positive impact to one or more of the Intelligently Green Plan themes
- innovation and creativity
- how nominees are using their project or activity to promote greener practices to other people.
Click here to find out about previous winners.