Our Intelligently Green Awards are about celebrating local green projects, activities and lifestyles that also benefit the community or save money.
Enter the awards here. Deadline 22 April.
To mark the launch of the awards we're inviting residents to wear a green heart and show their love for the environment. Find out more here.
Who can enter?
You can nominate yourself, an organisation you are involved with, or someone else for an award.
The five award categories are:
- individual and household - sponsored by imaGine
- small businesses - sponsored by JellyPickleJam and The Evesham Greengrocer
- larger businesses and public sector organisations - sponsored by Areca Design
- community groups - sponsored by Hayloft Plants
- schools and colleges - sponsored by University of Worcester
Nominations must be for projects and activities that took place in the Wychavon district between 1 April 2014 and 31 March 2016 or lifestyles covered by that period. Entries must contribute to one or more Intelligently Green Plan themes - energy, construction, transport, food, tourism and green space.
What is Intelligently Green?
The awards are a great way to promote your project, activity or lifestyle and find out about other green initiatives in Wychavon. All eligible nominees will receive a certificate, two tickets to the awards ceremony and a mention on this website.
The winners will receive: recognition for their project, a lovely award, an extra ticket to the awards ceremony, publicity through print, online and social media and branding to use on emails, letters and other materials.
If you nominate someone else for an award you will receive a ticket to the awards ceremony too.
The awards ceremony
The event will be hosted by impressionist and actor Alistair McGowan. Evesham born Alistair is an ambassador to WWF-UK, part of the global World Wide Fund for Nature, and campaigns on a number of environmental issues.
He is best known for BBC One's, BAFTA-winning The Big Impression; his take-offs of David Beckham, Dot Cotton, Richard Madeley and Gary Lineker became legendary. He recently played the title role in Jonathan Maitland's play, An Audience With Jimmy Savile at The Park Theatre in London. His performance received universally rave reviews.
He has worked extensively in theatre throughout his career including appearances in the West End in Art, The Mikado, Pygmalion and Little Shop of Horrors. He has also featured on Who Do You Think You Are, hosted Have I Got News For You and appeared on Live At The Apollo and countless other TV shows in a 25-year career.
How to enter
Enter the awards here. Download the form, type your nomination and email it to us with any supporting evidence by 22 April 2016. Do contact us if you need help completing the form or have any questions.
The judges will asess nominations based on the information provided on the form. They are looking for:
- Evidence that projects and activities have made a significant contribution to one or more of the four Intelligently Green Plan themes (energy, construction, transport and food, tourism and green space).
- A clear demonstration of both the environmental and community or financial benefits.
- Innovation, creativity and how nominees are using their project or activities to promote greener practices to other people.
Click here to find out about previous winners.