Parking dispensations enable commercial business vehicles to park on areas which have enforceable traffic regulations having firstly received authorisation to do so. These allow them to undertake work where they need to have their vehicles close to assist with the work. This is normally due to a need to have regular access to the vehicle for materials or equipment which would be impractical if they were parked elsewhere.
A parking dispensation is only issued when the individual or company has satisfactorily explained the need to be parked at the location also the duration that the vehicle is to be parked in a restricted area. Reasons for the issue of a parking dispensation may include emergency works, building works and essential renovations where it is necessary to have the vehicle close to the location.
There is an administration fee of £10 applied to vehicles parked in excess of 1 day.
If you wish to apply for a parking dispensation, please telephone 01386 565009 or download a parking dispensation application form and send it to the address below. Alternatively, please fax the application form for a prompt response.
If applying by post it is advisable to allow sufficient time in which to complete your application and to receive a response. The vehicle must be parked in adherence with the parking regulations until a permit has been received.
Parking Services Unit
Wychavon District Council
Queen Elizabeth Drive
Telephone: 01386 565009, between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
Fax: 01386 565119
The Civil Enforcement Officers will be advised of all dispensations in their patrol area. Please be aware that Civil Enforcement Officers will conduct frequent inspections to ensure that the dispensation is necessary. In the event that the dispensation is being misused, it will be cancelled immediately. The vehicle must not be causing an obstruction at any time.
Conditions of use
- Failure to comply with these conditions will lead to the withdrawal of the dispensation
- This is not a general dispensation and is only issued in respect of the vehicle(s), periods and purposes shown.
- Materials or goods must not be deposited on the footway or carriageway; nor should they be passed across any part of the footway or carriageway in any manner which may interfere with the safety of pedestrians and/or other vehicles.
- The dispensation does not permit general parking at the location stated. The motorist must move the vehicle elsewhere and within the regulations once the purpose stated has been accomplished.
- The applicant/driver must move the vehicle if so directed by a Police Officer or Civil Enforcement Officer authorised by the Council.
- The applicant/driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/or adjacent premises.
Parking Dispensation Application Form (including charges and terms & conditions (PDF)