Your Recycling and Refuse Collection Guide
|All items For Recycling||Items For Disposal|
|Collected One Week||Collected The Next Week|
- One week we collect the green recycling bin
- The next week we collect the black wheelie bin
- Your calendar shows you which colour wheelie bin to put out each week
- Your collections will be from the boundary of your property, nearest the public highway
- Ensure your wheelie bins are ready for collection by 7am on the day of your collection, making sure the lid is closed and all the waste or recycling is in the bins
- If your bin has been missed please use the 'Missed Bin' online form to report it to us.
Together we recycle!
- What can I recycle?
- Your recycling will be taken for sorting at Envirosort, where does it end up and what does it become?
- You can download the recycling guide
To aid the sorting process:
- all recycling needs to be clean and empty of liquids and food
- kept whole, not squashed
- placed loose inside green bin (no bags/sacks inside bin)
- we can't take any extra recycling that isn't put inside the bin*
- please do not put needles or sharp objects in your recycling or refuse collection
Additional, Smaller and Larger Wheelie Bins
- *We can always provide an additional green recycling bin if needed
- Large 240 litre black wheelie bins can only be provided where households consist of 6 or more people, have children in nappies, or produce large amounts of non-hazardous medical waste
- If you have access problems or generate less waste, a smaller bin may be more suitable for you
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01386 565018 to request a different wheelie bin
We can arrange an assisted collection for elderly or disabled residents where there is no-one in the household who is physically able to place bins at the front edge of the property.
- Assisted collections are provided from an agreed collection point
- An officer may visit you to discuss the best arrangements
- The bin/sack must be collectable without the need for the crew to take it up/down/over steps, steep slopes or deep gravel
- The collection point must be kept free of obstructions on collection day
Please email email@example.com or call 01386 565018 to arrange this assistance.
Households exempt from wheelie bin collection
There are a small number of properties that have been assessed and are exempt from using wheelie bins. These households have the same items collected as households on bins but use sacks, and a box for glass;
- Every other week we collect clear sacks (no limit) and glass box for recycling, your calendar shows you which week to put out your recycling
- Every week we collect black sacks (maximum of 2 Wychavon issued sacks per week)
- Ensure your sacks and box are ready for collection by 7am on the day of your collection and are placed on the boundary of your property nearest the public highway
- 52 refuse and 40 clear recycling sacks are delivered twice each year in March and September. Additional recycling sacks can be collected from our Community Contact Centres in Droitwich, Evesham and Pershore.
Bank Holiday Collections
Collections are not affected by the Bank holidays (except for Christmas and New Year). Please put your wheelie bins out on your normal collection day, this includes domestic refuse, commercial refuse, recycling and garden waste.
For more information contact:
Wychavon District Council
Telephone 01386 565018 (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday)