Our Rural Communities and Economy Advisory Panel provides our Executive Board with advice and policy development support on matters relating to the rural areas of the district, including the development of the rural economy. The Panel's responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the Rural Communities Programme and advising on the need for and shape of any successor programmes.
- Considering partnership and investment projects which affect rural areas.
- Considering any Growth Fund or LEADER applications or matters which affect the rural areas of the district.
- Promoting and encouraging opportunities for other European, lottery or other funding to support the economies and communities of our rural areas.
- Promoting and encouraging solutions to rural challenges such as broadband, social isolation and transport.
- Considering neighbourhood planning projects and making recommendations to the Executive Board.
- Developing relationships with educational establishments which support the rural economy, including Pershore College and South Worcestershire College.
- Advising on how community capacity in the district can be enhanced.
- From time to time, organising Panel sponsored events.
Meetings of the Panel are open to the public. You can view meeting dates, agendas and minutes here.
2 December 2015
- Worcestershire LEADER Programme - Hollie Kirk, EU Programme Manager, Worcestershire County Council - click here to view the slides
- Vale of Evesham Landscape Heritage Partnership - Wychavon's Chris Brooks, Regeneration Manager gave an update on the Evesham Landscape Heritage Partnership - click here to view the slides
15 February 2016
- Proposed Merger of Warwickshire College Group (Pershore College) with South Worcestershire College - click here to view the sldes
- Rural Housing - challenges and opportunities - click here to view the slides
25 April 2016
- Indices of muliptle rural deprivation - click here for slides
- Rural Transport - to see community transport groups by area - click here
12 September 2016
- NFU’s vision to shape a new and dynamic future for agriculture and horticulture post Brexit - click here to view the slides
For more information contact:
Call: 01386 565517