Street Collection Permits

Licence summary

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you require a street collection permit from the local council for the area concerned.

The Charities Act 2006 was expected to commence in June 2010 - when introduced this will significantly change how we administer charitable collections in the street.

Meanwhile, our aim is to ensure that charitable collections are lawful, and that monies raised are likely to reach the stated destination. The process can include checks into the suitability of the organiser, and checking financial accounts.

A "street collection" is a donation of money or goods collected in a public place, benefiting a charitable or philanthropic cause.

We are currently unable to control "direct debit" collectors as there is no physical transfer of goods. This will change, in the new scheme.  Meanwhile we work with the organisers to try to reduce conflict with other organised collections.

We can issue Street Collection Permits for the towns of Droitwich, Evesham and Pershore as well as for the village of Broadway.

There is no statutory right of appeal against refusal by a council to grant an application.

We aim to allow an organisation to collect once each year in each of the town centres (Evesham, Pershore, Droitwich Spa), and Broadway village.

Eligibility Criteria

No provision in the legislation

Application Evaluation Process

No provision in the legislation

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within ten working days, please contact us. You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service or use the contact details below.

Apply online

Apply online through the national Business Link portal:

Apply to run a charitable collection in Wychavon 

Supply Financial Returns following a charitable collection

Apply by post Forms and factsheet are available here
Failed Application Redress

Please contact us, in the first instance.

Licence Holder Redress

Please or phone 01527 881395 in the first instance.

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Trade Associations



Further Information

All Licensing and Environmental Health Matters are now dealt with by Worcestershire Regulatory Services.

For direct public enquiries and referrals:

General Customer Enquiries

Telephone: 01905 822799


Fax: 01905-617132

Worcestershire Regulatory Services