Our four year strategy sets out the direction for the council from April 2016 up until March 2020.
The strategy contains the three priorities shown below. For each priority there are several goals - these are the things we want to achieve that will make life better for people.
- People: healthy, happy, active and supported
- Place: green, clean and safe with quality, affordable homes
- Prosperity: vibrant communities with quality jobs and skills.
The strategy also contains a set of promises that will help achieve our goals. We’ve set 29 promises for 2019/20, 11 of these are brand new and several span more than one year.
What we base our strategy on
We base our strategy on four the things listed below:
- What the local needs are – data and intelligence about the district
- What the government expects us to do
- What residents and partners tell us matters
- What councillors want us to do
Strategy Performance Manager
Call 01386 565508 between 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday