Our purpose is to be a leading, responsible and innovative council working to improve people’s lives.
In February 2020 we agreed a bold new four year plan that will protect and enhance our environment, continue to grow our economy and see us invest in the things that matter most to our communities.
The plan focuses our spending and resources over the next four years on three key priorities:
- Supporting people
- Strong economy and places
- Sustainable environment
The plan’s 35 promises include:
- Working with partners to deliver a white water facility in Pershore and a multi-purpose cycling attraction in Evesham including BMX pump track, mountain bike trails and simulated road circuit by 31 March 2024
- Holding a transport summit in 2020 to deal with the issue of traffic congestion in Evesham
- Reducing the average household black bin waste by 10% by 2024 and setting up at least five community fridges across the district to reduce food waste
- Investing £100,000 over four years to promote the growth of Wychavon’s low carbon economy
- Working with partners to create and start to deliver master plans to help revitalise Droitwich, Pershore and Evesham town centres
- Investing £180,000 over three years to encourage businesses to take on apprentices
- Working with partners to create 10 hectares of new wetland and 30 hectares of habitats to improve biodiversity
There is a pledge to reduce carbon emissions from our own operations by at least 50% by 2030 and to deliver 1,000 affordable new homes by 2024. Action will also be taken to boost community transport, tackle loneliness and social isolation and to create Wychavon’s first health and wellbeing hub.
We will monitor and report our performance against our strategy four times a year and include a summary of how we've performed in our Annual Report.
What we base our strategy on
We base our strategy on four the things listed below:
- What the local needs are – data and intelligence about the district and the people who live and work in it
- What residents tell us matters to them
- Councillors’ and managers’ ambitions
Strategy and Performance Manager
Call 01386 565508 between 9am to 5pm Tuesday to Friday