Affordable housing options are available to you if you can't afford a suitable house to rent or buy on the open market. As Wychavon District Council doesn't own any properties, all of the social housing in the district is provided by housing associations.
- Affordable housing is provided by an organisation known as a Registered Provider (RP). A range of property types are offered to meet local needs,
- We can assist you with housing association houses and flats for social rent with Home Choice Plus
- We can match you to suitable privately rented accommodation through our Wychmove service
- We provide guidance on the purchase of properties through shared ownership or fixed equity on our Affordable Home Ownership page.
Our departments work together to assess the needs of the district and ensure the right strategies and policies are implemented. This is achieved by working in partnership with registered providers, developers, the Homes and Communities Agency and Rural Housing Enabler.
Although the housing needs in our district are high, we are committed to building affordable homes each year, where possible. Each year we deliver over 250 new affordable homes.
Housing needs survey
Wychavon district council undertakes rural housing needs surveys to examine current and future housing needs. The surveys are completed by households in the selected parishes. Each survey provides data that can aid in planning new housing developments and demonstrates the need for increased affordable housing.
Evesham Town Housing Needs Survey
Offenham Parish Housing Needs Survey
Pebworth Parish Housing Needs Survey
Crowle Parish Housing Needs Survey
For more information on shared ownership and fixed equity options see our affordable home ownership page.
Visit www.homechoiceplus.org.uk to search for affordable rented properties.
- Rural lettings policy
- Review of Rural Housing Enabling in Worcestershire - Final Report 2011
- Worcestershire Strategic Housing Market Assessment - Main Report
- Worcestershire Strategic Housing Market Assessment - Wychavon SMHA Overview Report
- Worcestershire Strategic Housing Market Assessment Monitoring 2012/13