If you can't afford to rent or buy property on the open market that is appropriate for your needs, then subsidised housing options are available to help you.
- Provided by an organisation known as a Registered Provider (RP), to help meet local need. Affordable housing is offered in a range of property types to meet the needs of various property types and sizes.
- We can assist you with housing association houses and flats for social rent with Home Choice Plus
- We can match you to suitable privately rented accommodation through our Wychmove service
- We provide guidance on the purchase of a property through shared ownership or fixed equity on our Affordable Home Ownership page.
Our housing and planning departments work together to assess the needs within the Wychavon district and ensure the right strategies and policies are in place to meet these needs. This is achieved by working in partnership with registered providers, developers, the Homes and Communities Agency and the Rural Housing Enabler and a wide range of county council and district council departments.
The housing needs in our district are high, however, we are committed to tackling the issue of building the required number of affordable homes each year, where possible.
Housing needs survey
Wychavon district council undertakes rural housing needs surveys to examine current and future housing needs. The surveys are completed by households in the selected parishes. Each survey provides valuable data that can aid in the planning of new housing developments and demonstrate the need for increased affordable housing.
|Crowle Parish Housing Needs Survey|| |
|Ombersley & Doverdale Parish Housing Needs Survey|| |
|Pebworth Parish Housing Needs Survey||March 2017|
For more information on shared ownership and fixed equity options see our affordable home ownership page.
Visit www.homechoiceplus.org.uk to search for affordable rented properties.
- Rural lettings policy
- Review of Rural Housing Enabling in Worcestershire - Final Report 2011
- Worcestershire Strategic Housing Market Assessment - Main Report
- Worcestershire Strategic Housing Market Assessment - Wychavon SMHA Overview Report
- Worcestershire Strategic Housing Market Assessment Monitoring 2012/13