Safety measures in our district have been supported by money from the European Regional Development Fund.
Local traders need your support more than ever. On this page you will find tips on how to shop safely if you are planning on heading out to the high street. If you aren’t comfortable with that then you can still support your local traders from the safety of our own home, as many of them offer online shopping, delivery and click and collect.
- Businesses offering online, click and collect or delivery services
- Parking in Wychavon
- Shopping safely on the high street
- Why you should shop local
Select from the towns below to find businesses trading in your local area.
You can park for free in all of Wychavon’s pay and display car parks until further notice. We have installed several new electric vehicle charging points in our car parks.
- Shop local - supporting your local traders means you can avoid travelling into an area where the virus is spreading more rapidly. You should avoid public transport if you can. If possible, walk or cycle but if you are planning to do a lot of shopping then parking is free in all Wychavon pay and display car parks until further notice.
- Respect the rules – we are currently in a national lockdown. You should stay at home and only leave for a very limited number of reasons. Local traders, selling essential items, are open and others are offering delivery services. Only go out if it is essential you do so and follow the safety measures put in place by businesses.
- Shop at different times - if possible, try and avoid the peak times and days when shops are likely to be busy.
- Wear a face covering – wear a face covering in shops and other indoor spaces to help protect you and others. Make sure it covers your mouth and nose at all times.
- Keep your distance – keep a safe distance from anyone outside your household or support bubble. This includes when queuing on the street. If you cannot imagine a bathtub or sofa between you and the other person, then you are probably too close.
- Sanitise and wash your hands regularly – businesses have hand sanitiser available and we have put public hand sanitiser points in our town centres and Broadway. Our public toilets are all open.
- Pay by contactless if you can – this will help reduce the potential for the virus to spread by surface contact. Businesses are still happy to accept money if you need to pay that way.
Here are some reasons why choosing local traders will make a real difference.
- Spending money with local businesses will help our local and national economic recovery
- Supporting high streets creates, and safeguards, jobs for local people
- Independent retailers give great deals and are competitive on price
- It is a safe way to shop as businesses have put Covid-19 Secure measures in place
- Local businesses generate money to support local services such as libraries, parks and roads that benefit communities
- You are spoilt for choice as local businesses often stock items you won’t find anywhere else
- Small businesses are often run by local people and they offer a friendly, personal shopping experience
- Local shops often source their goods locally which helps our environment by reducing their carbon footprint