If you are the holder of a premises licence and you want to make small alterations to the premises licence that will not impact adversely on the licensing objectives, you can apply for a minor variation of the licence.

When we receive an application for a minor variation, we must consider whether the changes being proposed could impact adversely on the licensing objectives.

When considering an application, we have to consult with other relevant authorities if there is any doubt about the impact the proposed changes will have on the licensing objectives and we think we need specialist advice.

We will then take the views of these authorities into account in reaching our decision.

Further guidance on minor variations can be downloaded here:  document Guidance notes document on minor variations (126 KB) .

Further guidance on variation applications can be found on the Alcohol Licensing on the GOV website.

Apply Online

Apply by post

You can apply for a minor variation to your premises licence by post to this address:

Licensing, Wychavon District Council, The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT.

You should include with your application the existing premises licence, any other relevant documents and the fee of £89.00.

When you have made your application, you then have to advertise it by displaying a public notice at the relevant premises for a period of 10 working days, starting on the working day after the minor variation application was given to us. The public notice must be on white paper of at least A4 size.

A template for the public notice can be downloaded here:

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. If after the 10 working day consultation period has expired and no representations have been made by a responsible authority or other persons, then we will approve the minor variation.

If any representations have been received, we have a further five working days to consider them and will decide whether to approve or reject the application.

If the minor variation is approved, we will issue a notice outlining the minor variation to the premises licence.

We will also issue a new licence to reflect the minor variation.