If you are starting a new club or want to improve the way your club is run then this is the section for you.
Whatever the sport you're involved, whether you are a coach, official or administrator life as sports volunteer is far from easy! To support sports volunteers and make sure clubs not only survive, but also grow and thrive Sport England have created and funded runningsports
The runningsports network has been developed by experts who work in sport and understand your day-to-day issues. They can provide you with the tools and resources you need to make the less enjoyable jobs quicker and easier so that you can spend more of your precious time enjoying what you do best.
Downloadable running sport resources:
In the mean-time we've managed to download a few runningsports Quick Guides to help you on your way. To download the resources, please click on the links below:
- pdf Fundraising, Grants and Sponsorship (1.04 MB)
- pdf Managing Events (795 KB)
- pdf Organising Fixtures And Competitions (718 KB)
- pdf The Disability and Discrimination Act (1.08 MB)
- pdf Taxation and Sport (948 KB)
There are also three runningsports Quick Guides specifically focusing on the roles of some of the key officials within your club including key duties and useful tips.
- document The Role of the Chair (285 KB)
- document The Role of the Secretary (285 KB)
- document The Role of the Treasurer (285 KB)
As well as the downloads available, the runningsports network can also help with the following:
- Finding New Volunteers – Recruitment
- Promoting and Marketing Your Club
- Screening Volunteers – A guide for Clubs
- Developing Your Sports Action Plan
For more information please contact
Sports Development Officer
Tel 01386 565229
Hours of work: Mon - Fri 9-5pm