A well as Worcestershire County Council, Wychavon District Council are also responsible for the following duties:
- Risk assessment.
- Business Continuity Management.
- Emergency Planning.
- Maintaining public awareness and arrangements to warn, inform and advise the public.
- Provision of advice and assistance to the commercial sector and voluntary organisations.
- Co-operation and information sharing.
Emergencies we might face in Worcestershire are:
- Severe Weather - snow, gales, fog, heat wave
- Loss of power or water
- Large chemical fire or gas release
Being prepared can reduce fear and anxiety. It is important that you know what to do in the event of an emergency
- Keep a battery/wind up torch radio to tune into your local radio station
- Keep a first aid kit with relevant medication
- Keep a supply of easy to open emergency food and a fresh supply of bottled water
- Keep a list of useful numbers including friends and family
Click here to see a list of helpful information to prepare you for an emergency
How to prepare for severe weather conditions
Be aware of severe weather/heat wave warnings issued by the Met Office and plan ahead accordingly
- Secure outdoor items
- Check on neighbours around you
- Don't make unnecessary journeys
Guidance on Evacuation
If directed by the police to evacuate your home you will need to do the following:
- Follow instructions from the emergency services
- Gather together your family and pets
- Take any prescribed medicines with you
- Do not return to your property unless you have been told you can
If there is time, take warm clothing for everyone, take your credit cards, switch off the gas, shut all windows and lock all doors