- What's happening in Wychavon
- Whats happening in Pershore
- Whats happening in Droitwich
- Whats happening in Evesham
- ROSPA - Child Safety
- Street Party Guidance
- Enlighten Evesham - Evesham's new Creative lighting project.
- pdf Wychavon Rural Cinema Toolkit (213 KB) - find out how to get a cinema set up in your local village hall / community centre
- Community Games
- pdf Walk Netball (576 KB) - at Wallace House, Evesham
- pdf Junior Netball Sessions (245 KB) - times and dates for sessions in Droitwich
- pdf Local Sports information (858 KB) - information regarding sport in Wychavon
- Leisure Centre Holiday Camps - look for activity camps over the school holidays
- pdf 'Game On' games (526 KB) - activity ideas in the home
- pdf Push Bike (896 KB) - for cycling opportunities across Worcestershire
- pdf Westlands Walks (638 KB) - has just started in Westlands, from the Children’s Centre, finishing with a cup of tea/coffee at the Community Hall, Wednesdays at 9.15am. Walks can be as short as 30 minutes – shorter for people who need this. All Health Walks are free.
- Hot Courses - Arts
- Arts Training and Courses
- South Worcestershire College (Malvern Campus)
- Course Plus
Turn your event into a community games for free and gain access to lots of support from Wychavon District Council and the Sports Partnership Herefordshire and Worcestershire. Community Games are a great opportunity for you to bring your community together to take part in sporting and cultural activities that have been inspired by the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
New or existing events can be included in the community games format and there is funding available too, this could be used to buy in e.g. sports coaches or arts/craft people to add a bit extra to your event.
A great variety of Community Games already taken place this year ranged from Village Fun days, Horticultural Shows, traditional Sports Days, Street Games and Fetes.
To register your event as a community games you just need three things: led by the community: include both sports and arts activities: and have some sort of opening OR closing ceremony.
To find out more or to register your event please visit Community Games and it won’t cost you a penny to register.
Apart from the additional publicity the community games website can provide, other benefits include the following:
If your event is in the Wychavon District Council area – The Wychavon Community Development Team can provide support with the following:
- Hiring our Sports/Activity equipment (free of charge) for games such as sack races: egg & spoon, tug of war etc
- Hiring (free of charge) 2 small gazebo’s.
- Simple to use activity cards
- Access up to £250 towards the costs or the chance to be part of our rural road shows*
To access any of the above, you must sign your event up to be a Community Games
To find out more about the Community Development Team support please email Mark Williams
* Your event could feature as one of our Wychavon Rural Road Shows (depending on staff availability)
This will include members of the Community Development Team coming to your event to survey local residents about their sporting and health needs.
If we are able to come along to your community games, we can bring some additional activities with us (free of charge) to add more impact to your event.
This may include some (not all) of the following: sports sessions, arts workshops, climbing wall, circus skills workshops, face painting, pedal power smoothie maker (subject to availability)