The Community Development Team is responsible for a diverse range of services all focused on improving leisure and recreational opportunities for the residents and visitors to Wychavon.
Our main areas of work centre around the following key areas:
- Events, Training and Workshops - many events and activities for those with an interest in arts, sports, walking.
- Wychavon Community Grants - Applications for 2019 have now closed.
- Sports and Recreation - working with a wide range of partners (including National Governing Bodies of Sport, our Leisure Centres, Schools, Community Groups and Sports Clubs) to deliver better sports and healthy recreational opportunities.
- Arts Development - working in conjunction with Worcester Sub-Regional Arts Partnership, Local Theatres and Community Groups to provide accessible cultural opportunities.
- Funding Help and Advice- we provide funding advice on external programmes such as the lottery good causes, trusts, foundations and other government funding streams.
- Community Help and Guidance - The Community Development Team will offer help and guidance relating to many issues regarding the community such as Street parties/events, Community events and celebrations, ex servicemen settlement information, safeguarding children, venues for hire etc.
- Youth Development - working with other agencies, both statutory and voluntary, to provide services and activities to young people. Projects to date have included the provision of skateparks in Droitwich, Evesham and Pershore, participation in a national pilot for targeted youth work in Honeybourne and representation on a number of youth action groups i.e. County, District and Sub-district.
- Health Improvement - The Public Health Practitioner works for Worcester County Council but is within the Community Development Team to develop and deliver a wide range of health initiatives throughout the Wychavon District Council Area. To create sustainable projects and schemes that offer healthy lifestyle opportunities for everyone.
The main constraint in the delivery of our services centre on the rural nature of the district, which pose a number of problems, such as transport issues and the difficulty providing value for money on events and initiatives with small populations.
The Community Development Team are:
Arts Development Officer
Telephone: 01386 565396
9am-5pm, Monday-Friday (office hours may vary due to meetings or events)
Youth Bus and Outreach Officer
Telephone: 01386 565436
Monday - Friday (office hours vary as mainly out on
If you have any questions, comments or queries on any of our services please feel free to contact one of the team members above.