Intelligently Green Awards
- Community Funding and Support
- Wychavon Communities and Funding Advisory Panel
- Intelligently Green
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Street Party Guidance
- Planning a village event
- Support for Ukraine
- Wychavon insight
- Community Right to Bid
- Social Mobility
- Community Facilities map
- Young People
- Vibrant Villages Self-Help Toolkit
The last Wychavon Intelligently Green Awards was held in 2018, at a special ceremony hosted by leading British environmentalist and writer, Jonathon Porritt, and sponsored by Severn Waste Services.
The finalists gathered at Worcestershire Wildlife Trust, Lower Smite Farm, to see if they were amongst the winners of the awards that recognise, celebrate and promote local green projects, activities and lifestyles that are not only good for the environment but also benefit the community or save money. Nominations from across the district were received in four award categories.
The overall winner of the 2018 Intelligently Green Awards was Evesham Adventure Playground Association for their community pantry, bike schemes and use of reused and reclaimed materials in the adventure playground.
The other winners:
Individual and household category - sponsored by HERU. View HERU website
- Chris and Kathy Haynes (joint winner) for their roles in the green refurbishment of Harvington Village Hall, active involvement in Harvington Neighbourhood Plan, Worcestershire Heat Networks project and promoting local food.
Watch the video of Chris and Kathy Haynes on YouTube
- Robin Walker (joint winner) for his active involvement in Transition Evesham Vale, Cyclefest, cycle training for schools and Evesham’s Green Plan. Watch the video of Robin Walker on YouTube
Business and public sector category – sponsored by Walsh Mushrooms. Visit the Walsh Mushrooms website
- The Orchard Getaway an off-grid, luxury glamping site set in a plum orchard at Hinton-on-the-Green.
Visit The Orchard Getaway website
Watch the video of the Orchard Getaway on YouTube
Community group category – sponsored by Severn Waste Services.
Evesham Adventure Playground Association for their community pantry, playground peddlers, bike swap library and adventure playground.
Visit the Evesham Adventure Playground Association website
Watch the video of the Evesham Adventure Playground Association on YouTube
Schools/college and youth group category – sponsored by University of Worcester
- The DeMontfort School, Evesham for eco-school projects including a plastic reduction campaign and development of outside space. Watch the video from the DeMontfort School on YouTube
- Ashton under Hill First School received a special commendation for its campaign to promote the use of glass instead of plastic milk bottles in schools.
Other finalists were…
- John Campbell-Muir – Training the Future
- Droitwich Salt, Churchfields Saltworks
- Evesham Methodist Church for their environmental programme
- Inkberrow Millennium Green Trust for a replacement board walk around a historic moat
All the finalists have demonstrated how they have made a significant contribution to our Intelligently Green theme, and how they are generating community or financial benefits. The judges were also looking for innovation, creativity and how nominees are promoting greener practices to other people
Other nominees included:
- Oxton Organics
- Spot Loggins Ice Cream
- Welcome to Our Future
- Brew Bear Coffee House
Rooftop Housing Group were our headline sponsors. Thank you to all our sponsors