Intelligently Green Challenge
- Community Funding and Support
- Wychavon Communities and Funding Advisory Panel
- Intelligently Green
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Street Party Guidance
- Planning a village event
- Support for Ukraine
- Wychavon insight
- Community Right to Bid
- Social Mobility
- Community Facilities map
- Young People
- Vibrant Villages Self-Help Toolkit
All of us have a part to play in helping to tackle climate change. While there is much for governments nationally and locally to do, as individuals the choices we make can make a big difference. Even small things will have an impact.
We know many of you want to help protect our planet from the impact of global heating but aren’t sure where to start.
We’ve created the Wychavon Intelligently Green Challenge to help you get started and create a plan to cut your carbon footprint that works for you.
We’d like to get as many people as possible signed up to the pledge ahead of the Climate Change Conference, COP26, in November. This will see nations across the world come together in Glasgow to decide what more needs to be done to respond to the climate crisis. This will act as a local show of support from Wychavon residents for action at a national and global level.
To sign up to the pledge all you have to do is:
- Use the online tool to calculate your carbon footprint. You will need to know the number of kwh you use which you can find on your energy bill. This is provided by an independent organisation. It will mention paying to offset your carbon footprint. You can ignore this, we just want to know the figure. Once you have your carbon footprint make a note of it.
- Use the Wychavon Intelligently Green Challenge form to choose at least 10 actions from the list provided of changes to your lifestyle you will try to make over the next 12 months. We have given you all sorts of options. Some are more expensive and time-consuming than others. Just choose the ones that work for you. There is also an ‘other’ option so you can add in your own actions.
- Submit them to us and start your challenge. We will send you a regular email with tips and advice on different themes to help you along the way.
Every three months throughout the challenge we will ask you to fill in a quick survey so you can share your progress and help to inspire others.
Good luck and thank you for taking the Intelligently Green Challenge. Together we can make a difference.