Can all applications for Temporary Road Closures for events in relation to the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee be submitted by Friday 22nd April 2022
This year is The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. A special occasion as Her Majesty will be the first British monarch to have reached such a milestone.
While there are several national activities taking place throughout the year, Buckingham Palace is also keen that communities get involved in joining in the celebrations.
On this page, you will find useful information to help you take part in the celebrations with friends, family, neighbours and your wider community.
You can find out more about the Platinum Jubilee and national celebrations on the official website.
Use the links below to find the information you need:
Everyone from individuals to Scout and Girlguiding groups, villages, cities, counties, schools and corporates are being encouraged to play their part to enhance our environment by planting trees for the jubilee.
Trees are available to individuals and community groups free of charge from the Woodland Trust, as well as to parish and town councils.
If you decide to plant a tree (or trees) for the jubilee then we would like you to consider what you plant and where. Planting the right tree in the right place will maximise the benefits of tree planting including enhanced biodiversity, wildlife habitats and carbon capture.
If you need more help or advice, then the Woodland Trust will be happy to discuss your scheme with you.
We will be playing our part with our own jubilee planting schemes. We hope to be able to make announcements about some of those soon.
There is an ambition to light 1,500 beacons across the UK on 2 June. Read the guide on how to register to light a beacon (opens in new window) to see if and how you can take part.
Our residents love getting together for a street party to celebrate big national events and we would like to see as many of you do so again for the Platinum Jubilee.
The main Jubilee celebration weekend will be Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 June, with Thursday and Friday being bank holidays.
If you are planning to hold an event in your town or parish then please fill in our Platinum Jubilee event form so we can add it to this page and help you to promote it.
Below is a list of Platinum Jubilee events taking place in Wychavon we have been asked to publicise.
- Broadway Parish Council Jubilee Community Event. A four day programme of events is planned in Broadway including a procession with floats, classic car show, live music, stalls and The Big Lunch community picnic. Most events are free but a £10 refundable deposit is required to reserve a place for The Big Lunch. Visit the Broadway Parish Council Platinum Jubilee celebration web page for more information.
- Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee with family and friends in Droitwich Spa on Saturday, 4 June with a fun packed day of live entertainment, food and fun for all ages from 10.30am to 7pm. There will be performances and activities inspired by the Queen’s Green Canopy including the Platinum Jubilee Wishing Tree where you can add your green canopy pledge leaf. Join the street party in Victoria Square with local performers on stage and food and drink from Droitwich Spa Food festival, finishing with a Great British sing-a-long of songs from 1952 to today. There will also be loads of fun over at the Lido and park with a swimming gala, funfair, street art and brass bands. Discover local heritage and the town’s royal links with walks and an exhibition in the Heritage Centre. Come along with your loved ones and make it a day to remember. Read the full programme of jubilee events planned in Droitwich.
- In Evesham residents and businesses can take part in the Best Dressed Jubilee competition. Entries must be registered by 1 June. Then on Sunday, 5 June between midday and 4pm there is a Jubilee Picnic in the Park in Abbey Park with live entertainment from the bandstand. Bring your own picnic, or stop on the way to grab something from one of the town’s cafes and sandwich shops. The park kiosk and the rowing club bar will be open for drinks and snacks. Due to the generosity of our sponsors, if you are on a low income or are struggling to make ends meet you can collect some free picnic food from Wallace House Community Centre or Evesham Adventure Playground on Wednesday 1 June. We don’t want you to miss out because you feel you can’t afford to come. Find out more about Evesham's jubilee celebrations on the Evesham Town Council website.
- Pershore is hosting The Big Lunch in Abbey Park with live music on the bandstand from midday to 2.30pm on Sunday, 5 June. At 4pm there will be a service of celebration at Pershore Abbey with everyone invited.
- Jubilee celebrations at The Masons Arms, Station Road, Wadborough, WR8 9HA, Friday, 3 June 2022 from 3pm onwards. 1952 dress with food provided by the community in a street party style. This will be followed by a barn dance. The event is free to attend but the barn dance involves a small charge to cover musicians and a basket meal. Call 01905 841457 for more information.
- Friar Street Jubilee Party, Saturday 4 June from midday to 10pm at 77 Friar Street in Droitwich. Free to attend. There will be live music and entertainment, stalls and outside bars.
- Littleton’s Jubilee Celebration, Friday, 3 June at South Littleton Recreation Ground, Long Hyde Road, WR11 8TH from 2pm onwards. Free to attend. Family event for residents to bring their own picnics for an afternoon of fun. Kids games, music and other activities.
- Coppice Queen’s Jubilee, Friday 3 June at Coppice Way, Droitwich, WR9 9JB from 3pm. Free to attend. A celebration of The Queen’s Jubilee. Free to all. Bring and share your food.
- Jubilee Family Picnic, Norton Parish Hall, Wadbrough Road, Littleworth, WR5 2QB, on Sunday, 5 June from 1pm to 6pm. Free to attend. Bring a picnic and enjoy the fun atmosphere at Norton Parish Hall. There will be a bouncy castle, music, bar, ice cream and other entertainment provided by Norton Theatre Group.
- Whittington Parish Platinum Jubilee Celebrations, Friday 3 June at Whittington Community Hall, Church Lane, Whittington, WR5 2RQ from 2pm to 6pm. Free to attend. Afternoon tea, cakes, sandwiches, refreshments, brass band, children's activities, craft stalls, outdoor games.
- Queen's Platinum Jubilee Sunday Street Party, Sunday 5 June at Cherry Close, Droitwich Spa WR9 7QN from 3pm. Free to attend. 10 Households are involved and will be providing their own food and drinks. The close will be decorated with bunting.
- Bring and share street afternoon tea, Friday 3 June at Red House, Back lane, Bredon GL20 7LH between 4pm and 8pm. Free to attend. Residents from Back Lane and Perwell Close will meet and share an afternoon tea. Food will be in the front garden of Red House, but residents may sit along the road in their chairs to chat and socialise whilst sharing food.
- Village Cream Tea, Sunday 5 June at Orchard Drive, Little Comberton, WR10 from 3pm. Little Comberton Sports & Social Committee will provide Cream Teas for villagers and possibly their visitors.
- Households living in Greenhill in Evesham are having a street party on Friday, 3 June at 2pm near to 109 Greenhill, Evesham, WR11 4NB. The event is free to neighbours living on the street, who are encouraged to bring along food and drink. There will also be games and quizzes.
- Honeybourne Platinum Jubilee Celebrations are taking place on Honeybourne Recreational Field from 2 to 5 June 2022. On 2 June from 9pm to 10pm there will be a beacon lighting ceremony with a piper, choir and hot drinks. At 3pm on 3 June there will be the Jubilee Cricket Final as well as a chance to walk around and view the gardens in the Village in Bloom competition. From 12.30pm on 4 June the Village Fete takes place with games, stalls, sporting events and food. A big screen will also be showing the live Jubilee celebration events taking place in London, including the Party at the Palace. The winners of the Village In Bloom competition will also be announced. On 5 June the Jubilee Pageant and Big Street Party takes place from 12.30pm with everyone encouraged to bring and picnic and join in the community spirit whilst watching the school pageant alongside the live streaming of the pageant along the Mall.
- In Bredon, a Platinum Jubilee Picnic takes place on Bredon Playing Fields, Main Road, Bredon, GL20 7LX from 2pm on Sunday, 5 June. The free event will include a cake competition (3 x Jubilee Themed Cupcakes) entry at 2pm. There will be tea and Cake served by the WI in the Bowls Club, as well as bowls and tennis trial sessions during the afternoon. There will also be a Children's Royal Themed Fancy Dress Competition, with judging at 4pm, and live music.
- You are invited for a jubilee walk on 2 June starting at 9.30am from Droitwich Leisure Centre. The eight mile circular walk will pass through Vines Park, The Junction Canal, Gateway Carpark, The Eagle & Sun, Birmingham Worcester Canal, Hadzor Village, Gaudet Luce Golf Club, Yew Tree Village, Pulley Lane Woods, Salwarpe, The Barge Canal & back to The Leisure Centre. The walk is free to take part in.
- Enjoy the sound of Bretforton Platinum Jubilee Proms on Saturday, 4 June from 3pm at the Recreation Ground in Station Road, Bretforton. The free event includes an afternoon and evening of music, theatre and dancing with the finale being a Traditional Proms followed by Fireworks. Refreshments are on sale but people are welcome to bring their own.
- A street party is being held in Allesborough Drive, Pershore on Saturday, 4 June between 6pm and 11pm.
- A street party is being held in Chequers Lane, Wychbold from 3pm on Friday, 3 June.
- Residents living in Dastons Close in Broadway can take part in a street party on Friday, 3 June from 3pm.
- Visit Beckford for the Beckford Jubilee Open Village on Saturday and Sunday, 4 and 5 June from Beckford Village Hall, Main Street, Beckford, Tewkesbury, GL20 7AA. There are 13 open gardens, church flower displays, plant sales, afternoon teas, champagne bar and ice creams. Also classic cars, tombola, raffle and other stalls. From 5pm until late on Saturday all are welcome at The Beckford Inn for the Platinum Party at the Pub. BBQ supper (pre-booking required) or bring your own picnic. Live screening of the Party at the Palace in London, free games and activities. On Sunday The Big Jubilee Hog Roast takes place at The Old Post Office with live music from 5pm. The gardens are open between 1pm and 5pm and evening events start from 5pm. Entry to open gardens and attractions cost £5 payment on arrival which covers both days. Free entry for children under-16. Find out more about the Beckford Open Village Jubilee celebrations.
To help our residents celebrate the jubilee, we won’t be charging people for road closure applications for events held over the main jubilee weekend in June 2022.
If a road closure notice is needed people will still need to apply and they are advised to do so in good time but at least six weeks before the event. Not all events need a road closure though.
The nation is invited to come together for a cuppa over the fence, a picnic in the park or a larger organised event on Sunday, 5 June.
If you or a community group needs help funding an event, read information on funding available for Platinum Jubilee events (opens in new window).
A special emblem has been designed for use by people organising and promoting events for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. There are guidelines to follow.
If you want to give your event a royal title, then there are some guidelines you need to follow and you may need to apply for permission.