You find the following sources of information and intelligence useful:
- View Census 2011 website (opens in new window) - several hundred separate datasets covering a wide range of population characteristics and subject areas.
- View the Office for National Statistics (ONS) website (opens in new window) – datasets for local areas and regions covering a wide range of themes including business and energy, crime and justice, population and transport.
- View NOMIS website (opens in new window) – Nomis is a service provided by the Office for National Statistics giving access to the most detailed and up-to-date UK labour market statistics from official sources. This includes local area reports that give census information at individual ward, parish and small area level. View local area reports (opens in new window)
- View Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) (opens in new window) - identify the most deprived areas across the country. The indices combine a number of indicators, chosen to cover a range of economic, social and housing issues, into a single deprivation score for each small area in England.
- View NHS Health Profiles (opens in new window) - these provide an overview of health indicators for different localities highlighting issues and how areas compare.