We want to provide excellent services at all times but sometimes we get things wrong and need to take action.

We welcome and encourage all feedback. We view complaints as a chance to look at how we do things and review and to improve where needed. It’s also nice to hear when we’re doing things well.

What is a complaint?

We want to hear if:

  • You have been treated unfairly or unprofessionally.
  • You have had poor service.
  • You did not get a service at all.

What isn’t a complaint?

There are some complaints  that we cannot take action on, for example:

  • A request for service, except where this follows a service failure.
  • The conduct of a councillor, matters such as claims of misconduct. We will forward these to our Monitoring Officer.
  • Where a crime may have happened, these should be referred to the police.
  • Where it is the responsibility of one of our partners or other local council. But we will forward to the right person on your behalf.
  • Where there is a disagreement about our policy decisions or those of the Government.
  • Where there is a disagreement with the result of a process that has its own appeal process, e.g. planning decisions, benefit decisions and parking fines.


If you have very good service we would also like to hear about  it. A compliment can be about a service, a department or a staff member. Compliments are given to the service or member of staff concerned and reported to senior management and councillors.

Making a complaint 

Please give us as much detail as possible about the complaint including:

  • What you are complaining about.
  • When it happened or should have happened.
  • Why and how you think we should have done things differently.
  • What you think we should do to put things right.

All complaints will be dealt with confidentially so please supply your name and contact details as we cannot deal with any anonymous complaints.

The easiest and quickest way to record your complaint or compliment is via the complaints form.

Alternatively you can email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or telephone 01386565420.

Or in person at Community Contact Centres in Pershore, Evesham or Droitwich.

Complaints can be made via a third person with your permission e.g. your local district councillor or M.P.

What happens next?

We aim to:

  • Acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days.
  • Fully investigate and respond within 15 working days.

We will contact you by email or letter. We do aim to sort out all complaints as quickly as possible and where we can we will resolve quickly with an explanation, action or apology.

If however, you are still unhappy, the complaint is passed to the next stage where  it will be fully investigated by the service  involved.  In a few cases complex complaints may take longer than 15 working days for us to sort  out.  If this is the case we will tell you how long it will take.

When we finish our investigation we will tell you the result and what we will do about it. If you are still unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, you can ask for it to be looked at by the Chief Executive, Deputy Chief Executive or another  Service  Unit Manager. At this point our internal process will finish.

Still not satisfied?

If you are still not happy you have the right to take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman to investigate.

Local Government and Social Care
PO Box 4771


0300 061 0614 or text ‘call back’ on 0762 480 3014 (Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5pm)

We publish all our complaints and compliments statistics along with any changes we have made as a result of your feedback on a quarterly basis. These are available on our website and in our contact centres. 

Unreasonable complaints 

Unreasonable, vexatious or persistent complaints will be dealt with in line with our Unreasonable Complaints Procedure, available on request.