About your Council Tax bill

The Bill

The council issues a bill to all households in March at the start of each financial year. The bill shows how much you have to pay each month. The service of this bill (or demand) places a duty on the person named on the bill to pay as notified.

Where your circumstances change or you move house during the financial year, you should let the council know straight away so that your bill can be adjusted accordingly.

The bill will show how the charge is calculated including elements for precepting authorities / organisations e.g. the fire brigade. It will also show any discounts / exemptions or benefits you have applied for and the council believes you are entitled to.

How to pay >>