Disabled Facilities Grant
If you have a disability and need to make changes to your home, financial help is available to you.
Home adaptions can be:
- to widen the external or internal doors of your property
- to install ramps to the entrances of your property
- to improve the access to use facilities around the property e.g. adding a stairlift or a downstairs bathroom
A Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) application can be made if you are an owner-occupier, private tenant or a tenant of a registered social landlord.
The first step in making an application is to arrange an appointment with an Occupational Therapist. Your needs will be assessed as to what adaptations are necessary and appropriate.
The amount of grant available will depend on your own financial circumstances. A full means test will be applied to calculate the final grant (disabled children are not means tested).
The Care and Repair team can assist you in making your application for a DFG. The team will prepare specifications, liaise with contractors and oversee the works being carried out. They identify the work required, such as carrying out the installation of level access showers, stair lifts and access ramps.
Care and Repair Worcestershire team
Phone: 01684 579456
Disabled Facilities Grant application documentation
- Application for grant for disabled persons facilities
- Certificate of title/proof of ownership
- Consent certificate (only for houseboats & park homes)
- Occupier's certificate (only for houseboats & park homes)
- Owners certificate (to accompany [owner's] [tenant's] application for disabled facilities grant)
- Owner's consent statement (to accompany tenant's grant application)
- Tenant's certificate (to accompany tenant's grant application)