Disabled Facilities Grant
Financial and technical assistance is available to help in adapting your home to meet the needs of disabled children and adults. Owner-occupiers, private tenants and tenants of registered social landlords can make an application for the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG).
The first step in making an application is to arrange an appointment with an Occupational Therapist who will assess your needs and advise us as to what adaptations are necessary and appropriate.
Call to arrange an appointment with an Occupational Therapist on 01905 681637.
The amount of grant available will depend on your own financial circumstances. A full means test will be applied to calculate the final grant (disabled children are not means tested).
The Care and Repair team can assist you in making your application for Disabled Facilities Grants, preparing specifications, liaising with contractors and overseeing the works. They can identify the work required and make adaptions to your home, such as carrying out the installation of level access showers, stair lifts and access ramps.
Care and Repair Worcestershire team
Phone: 01684 579456
Disabled Facilities Grant application documentation
- Application for grant for disabled persons facilities
- Certificate of title/proof of ownership
- Consent certificate (only for houseboats & park homes)
- Occupier's certificate (only for houseboats & park homes)
- Owners certificate (to accompany [owner's] [tenant's] application for disabled facilities grant)
- Owner's consent statement (to accompany tenant's grant application)
- Tenant's certificate (to accompany tenant's grant application)