Housing advice




If you live in the Wychavon district our housing support team can help you with your personal circumstances.

Whether you are an owner-occupier, tenants of private or housing association properties, a landlord or looking for a home.

In this section, we have provided useful information and guidance on:

If you are renting a room, flat or house from a private landlord you will have certain rights. Most tenants with private landlords have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (ASTs) and even if you do not have a written tenancy agreement with your landlord, you still have these rights.

Your landlord is responsible for dealing with most of the repairs in your home. You should notify your landlord if there is a problem, do not wait until the problem gets worst as it may cost more to correct. Read our procedure on enforcing housing standards.

Use the NHAS (National Housing Advisory Service) factsheets to help you if you are at risk of homelessness, struggling with debt or if you are finding it difficult to pay your rent or mortgage due to rent increases.

We have a Financial Inclusion Officer, who may be able to provide you with additional support and advice speak to our housing support team.

If your landlord wants you to leave the property you are renting, they must follow the legal rules to lawfully evict you. 
  • Bond:practical guide to keeping your rent deposit guarantee
  • Harassment and illegal eviction: a practical guide to harassment and illegal eviction
  • Home repairs assistance application
  • Housing Assistance Policy 2018
  • Housing Assistance Information Leaflet
  • Sanctuary: a guide for victims of abuse
  • Wychavon Tenancy Strategy Framework & Principles