Shared housing services privacy notice
Personal data held by housing services
In order to provide housing help and assistance it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information. This information may include:-
- basic personal information such as address, telephone number, email address;
- details about your household composition, income, allowances, savings and investments including those of your partner or any dependents;
- any other information provided in support of an application, such as medical evidence, proof of identification or any other required or supplied document
Who is processing my data?
All personal data held is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controllers in relation to Housing Services are Wychavon District Council and Malvern Hills District Council.
How will we use the Information we hold about you?
We will collect information about you (where applicable):-
- To process a housing or homelessness application
- To provide housing options advice and to help seek a solution to housing needs
- To provide a disabled facilities grant
- To process a Housing Assistance application
- To process a review
- To undertake a survey or consultation
- To record complaints made e.g. about property standards, Landlord issues etc.
- To progress enforcement following complaints made
- To progress energy efficiency promotions or offers
- To progress allocation of homes
- To investigate empty dwellings with a view to bringing them back into use
What is the legal basis for us to process your data?
The legal basis for processing the data is
• it is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:-
- Internal departments and other local authorities
- Registered social housing providers and other landlords
- Immigration services
- Mortgage providers
- Adult social care / Children Services
- Mental Health services
- Department of Welfare Benefits
- Revenues and Housing Benefits
- Job centres
- Home Improvement Agency
- Worcestershire Telecare
- Health & Care Organisations such as Worcestershire Health and Care Trust
- Community Occupational Therapists
- Voluntary Sector support / advice organisations
- Gypsy & Traveller Liaison
- Education establishments West Mercia Police
- West Mercia Youth Offending Service
- West Mercia National Probation Service
- West Mercia Community Rehabilitation Company
- West Mercia Rape and Sexual Assault Support Centre
- West Mercia Women’s Aid
- Fire services authority
- Worcestershire Regulatory Services
- Government agencies
- External auditors and regulators
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
How Long do we Keep your Records
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to put your request in writing and provide proof of identification to The Data Protection Officer, Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Council shared Legal Service, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT or via email, SAR@wychavon.gov.uk
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
Providing Accurate Information
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you in order to assess your needs and delivery the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please ensure that you inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Council shared Legal Service, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT, or by emailing SAR@wychavon.gov.uk
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk/