If you have a disability and need to make changes to your home, financial help is available to you.
Home adaptions can be:
- To widen the external or internal doors of your property
- To install ramps to the entrances of your property
- To improve the access to use facilities around the property e.g. adding a stairlift or a downstairs bathroom
A Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) application can be made if you are an owner-occupier, private tenant or a tenant of a registered social landlord.
The first step in making an application is to arrange an appointment with an Occupational Therapist. Your needs will be assessed as to what adaptations are necessary and appropriate.
Call to arrange an appointment with an Occupational Therapist on 01905 681637.
The amount of grant available will depend on your own financial circumstances. A full means test will be applied to calculate the final grant (disabled children are not means tested).
The Millbrook team can assist you in making your application for a DFG. The team will prepare specifications, liaise with contractors and oversee the works being carried out. They identify the work required, such as carrying out the installation of level access showers, stair lifts and access ramps.
Phone: 0330 124 8205
Disabled Facilities Grant application documentation
- pdf Application for grant for disabled persons facilities (230 KB)
- pdf Certificate of title/proof of ownership (63 KB)
- pdf Consent certificate (only for houseboats & park homes) (6 KB)
- pdf Occupier's certificate (only for houseboats & park homes) (8 KB)
- pdf Owners certificate (to accompany [owner's] [tenant's] application for disabled facilities grant) (9 KB)
- pdf Owner's consent statement (to accompany tenant's grant application) (6 KB)
- pdf Tenant's certificate (to accompany tenant's grant application) (9 KB)