If you are looking for an affordable home to buy or rent, then apply on Home Choice Plus. You can view all of the social housing options* across Worcestershire. The service allows you to search and bid for the most suitable properties that you are eligible for and that meets the needs of you and your family.
Some of the available housing options include:
- Shared ownership - own a share of a property, where you buy a part and pay rent on the other part which you don't own
- Social housing - if you are in particular need or on a low income, homes are available from the government or non-profit organisations
- Sheltered housing - if you are over 55 and want to live in self-contained accommodation which you can buy or rent, and receive support and assistance if required
- Supported housing - housing and sometimes care services are provided to you if you are in need, for example, health needs, homeless, victims of domestic abuse and mental illness
- Private rented - if you want to rent housing that is owned by a private individual or company, rather than a public housing authority (See our Wychmove page)
*We do not own housing stock, the affordable housing in our area is owned and managed by Registered Providers.
Register for Home Choice Plus:
To register, you will need to complete the online Home Choice Plus application form for your household.
Download a Home Choice Plus application form for printing.
Once completed, return the form to the Pershore Civic Centre, Droitwich Contact Centre or Evesham Community Contact Centre or any of the participating partners. All of these locations have free internet access available.
Please post or hand in your completed application form to any of the below contact centres or participating partners.
Telephone: 01386 565020
Queen Elizabeth Drive
Monday-Friday : 9.00am - 5.00pm
Evesham Community Contact Centre
Telephone: 01386 565000
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9.30am-5pm
Droitwich Community Contact Centre
Telephone: 01386 565000
Droitwich Spa Library
You may have to wait a long time before being allocated a property, because of the demand for social housing.
Eligibility for Home Choice Plus
- You must be over the age of 16 to register for Home Choice Plus. However, some registered providers may not consider you for a tenancy if you are under the age of 18, please contact the housing team to discuss this further.
The allocation of properties will be subject to the allocation policies of individual Registered Providers, where they have a policy. Applicants will then be assessed on the Housing Register according to their stated priorities. The various Registered Providers may have different rules about the number of people who can live in the home of a particular size. This information will be made clear when a property is advertised. Social Housing is allocated using Home Choice Plus Allocations Policy as agreed with the members. Registered Providers have their own allocations policy.
Visit the Home Choice Plus website to find information on property lettings, eligibility and how the banding system works.
General housing needs