If you are looking for an affordable home to buy or rent, then you can view all of the social housing options across Worcestershire on the Home Choice Plus website.
The scheme allows you to search and bid for the most suitable properties that you are eligible for and that meets the needs of you and your family. Properties that are available are advertised weekly.
Apply for housing
Start your application by visiting the Home Choice Plus website
Some of the available housing options include:
- Shared ownership - own a share of a property, where you buy a part and pay rent on the other part which you don't own
- Social housing - if you are in particular need or on a low income, homes are available from the government or non-profit organisations
- Sheltered housing - if you are over 55 and want to live in self-contained accommodation which you can buy or rent, and receive support and assistance if required
- Supported housing - housing and sometimes care services are provided to you if you are in need, for example, health needs, homeless, victims of domestic abuse and mental illness
- Private rented - if you want to rent housing that is owned by a private individual or company, rather than a public housing authority (See our Wychmove page)
*We do not own housing stock, the affordable housing in our area is owned and managed by Registered Providers.
Home Choice Plus is a web based system, so if you do not have access to a computer, one is available for your use at:
- Wychavon District Council, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT
- Malvern Hills District Council, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF
- Evesham Hub, within Evesham Library, Oat Street, Evesham, WR11 4PJ
- Droitwich Hub, within Droitwich Spa Library, Victoria Square, Droitwich Spa, WR9 8DQ
- Malvern Library, Graham Road, Great Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 2HU
If you are not confident using a computer, contact the Housing Team on 01386 565 000 and you will be sent out a paper application form.
If you have made an application on Home Choice Plus, please use your login details to access your account
If you can't remember your login details, please contact a member of the housing team.
Register for Home Choice Plus:
To register, you will need to complete the online Home Choice Plus application form for your household.
Download a Home Choice Plus application form for printing.
Once completed, return the form to the Pershore Civic Centre, Droitwich Contact Centre or Evesham Community Contact Centre or any of the participating partners. All of these locations have free internet access available.
Please post or hand in your completed application form to any of the below contact centres or participating partners.
Telephone: 01386 565020
Queen Elizabeth Drive
Monday-Friday : 9.00am - 5.00pm
Evesham Community Contact Centre
Telephone: 01386 565000
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9.30am-5pm
Droitwich Community Contact Centre
Telephone: 01386 565000
Droitwich Spa Library
You may have to wait a long time before being allocated a property, because of the demand for social housing.
Once you have made your application, the information that's been submitted will be reviewed and assessed by the relevant Council that is in the Worcestershire Partnership. Written confirmation will be sent to you, which will include details of the band you have been awarded, which is in line with the Allocations Policy and activating your ability to bid on suitable properties.
The Partnership have developed an Allocations Policy which is a legal requirement of the Housing Act 1996. This policy makes sure people are prioritised for social housing dependent on their level of need in recognition that social housing is in scarce supply across the county. The policy also governs who is eligible for Home Choice Plus and who may need different advice.
Please read summary of our Worcestershire Partnership Allocations policy for further information on eligibility and banding.
Phone: 01386 565 000
Postal Address: Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT