How To Comment On Planning Applications
(This section also covers how to object or support a planning application)
For security purposes, the intention is that all signatures, e-mail addresses and telephone contact details will be withheld from publication on our website. However, these may still be open to inspection by personal visitors at our offices. We do not accept anonymous representations. As a minimum all representations should contain the home address.
N.B ANY COMMENTS / OBJECTIONS POSTED DIRECTLY TO OUR WEBSITE WILL INCLUDE ALL THE INFORMATION WHICH YOU PROVIDE (INCLUDING PERSONAL CONTACT DETAILS SUCH AS SIGNATURES, E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE CONTACT DETAILS). IF YOU DO NOT WISH THESE PERSONAL CONTACT DETAILS TO APPEAR ON OUR WEBSITE, PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THEM IN YOUR ON-LINE COMMENTS AND ALTERNATIVELY MAKE YOUR COMMENTS ON AN ATTACHMENT TO AN EMAIL.
Please note: Comments you make will not be replied to.
How To Comment Online
- First you need to find the application you wish to make comments on. If you know the
application reference number you can go straight to the details of the application by doing an
application number search.
- If you don't know the application reference number, there are many ways you can search the
system for applications. See our page on How to Search for a Planning Application for help
- Once you have got to the details of a planning application, click onto the blue planning
reference number, and you will see in blue at the top of the page 'Comment on this application'
- follow this link to send your comments to us. Please note we are unable to accept representations
that are sent via an IPad but we currently looking at resolving.
- If the statutory period for consultation (21 days) has expired, you may still comment on the
application (as above) or in writing to Wychavon District Council. You should note however,
that the application may be determined at any time after the 21 day period has expired and there
is no guarantee that late submissions can be taken into account. Please quote the application
number in any correspondence.
- If you would prefer not to send us your comments on a planning application online, you can
either email or post them to us - our contact details are at the foot of this page. Remember
to include the planning application reference number.
- Remember that any comments you send, whether they are sent online or by email or post,
will be published on this website for everyone to see, and we reserve the right to remove from
this website the entirety of any comment which contains any words which are or may be
defamatory or offensive.
Please note any comments received relating to this application we will try and ensure all
comments are reported, where relevant, to the Council's Planning Committee. However,
any submissions received after 12.00 noon on the day before Planning Committee will
not be included on the Planning Committee update sheet. Also it may not be possible to
report to the Planning Committee comments, letters or emails received on the day of the
Committee meeting. We therefore strongly recommend against the submission of
comments or documents close to the start of Planning Committee meeting.
If you are worried about your contact details and signature appearing on our website, do the following when you
comment on planning applications:
- Print your name instead of adding your signature to any documents, and initial the printed
- Send e-mailed comments as an attachment, so that only the attachment can be published
(and not your email address).
- Do not include your telephone number if you do not want people to know it.
Please note: any hard or soft landscaping shown on planning applications may not be part of the application, therefore landscaping may not be approved as shown. Plans can be amended at any time prior to approval. If unsure please ask.
How To Comment In Writing
Comments can be submitted in writing (noting the planning application reference) to our planning department at the Civic Centre.
Wychavon District Council
Queen Elizabeth Drive
Worcs. WR10 1PT
Comments in writing will be scanned and made accessible on our website. To eliminate fraud you may wish to print your name rather than use your signature.
All comments will be given full consideration in the determination of the application.