Nominations are open for the 2018 Wychavon Intelligently Green Awards.
The awards recognise, celebrate and promote green projects and activities in Wychavon that benefit the community or save money too. You can nominate yourself, an organisation you are involved with, or someone else for an award.
The four award categories are:
- Individual and household – sponsored by HERU.
- Business and public sector – sponsored by Walsh Mushrooms.
- Community group - sponsored by Severn Waste Services.
- School/college and youth group – sponsored by University of Worcester.
The awards are a great way to promote what you’re doing to make Wychavon a greener place and to find out about other intelligently green projects.
The winners will receive:
- recognition for their project through print and online publicity;
- a lovely award;
- two tickets to the awards ceremony; and
- branding to use on websites, social media sites, emails, letters and other materials.
All eligible nominees will receive a certificate, a ticket to the awards ceremony and a mention on our website.
How to enter
To enter, download a nomination form by clicking here. On your form please clearly describe how the project or activity you are nominating has had a positive environmental impact and what community or financial benefits it has had. You can also submit photos or a short film.
Email your completed nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Wednesday 2 May 2018.
The small print
- Nominations must be for projects and activities that took place in the Wychavon district between 1 April 2016 and 31 March 2018, and that haven’t previously won an Intelligently Green Award.
- Projects must contribute to at least one of the four Intelligently Green Plan’s themes, which are: energy; construction; transport; and food, tourism and green space.
- Employees and members of Wychavon District Council cannot submit nominations for projects or activities that are directly connected to the work of their own organisation.
- Sponsors cannot submit nominations for award categories that they are sponsoring.
The winners will be announced at a special ceremony on the evening of Thursday 7 June at Worcestershire Wildlife Trust, Lower Smite Farm. The awards ceremony is sponsored by Severn Waste Services and will be hosted by leading British environmentalist and writer, Jonathon Porritt, CBE.
What the judges are looking for
The judges are looking for:
- Evidence that projects and activities have made a significant contribution to one or more of the four Intelligently Green Plan themes (energy; construction; transport; and food, tourism and green space).
- A clear demonstration of both the environmental and community or financial benefits.
- Innovation, creativity and how nominees are using their project or activities to promote greener practices to other people.
Find out about previous winners here.