Jack Hegarty - Joint Chief Executive/Managing Director
Telephone: 01386 565400
Head of the Council's paid service and principal policy advisor to the Council. Leading and directing the workforce (circa 220 full-time equivalent posts and a net budget of £11m) to achieve the council's aims, priorities and promises. Representing the council as appropriate at a national, regional and local level. Also is Chief Executive of Malvern Hills District Council.
- BA (Hons) in Urban and Regional Planning
- Bachelor of Town Planning
- Corporate Member of Royal Town Planning Institute
- Fellow of Chartered Management Institute
- Member of Society of Local Authority Chief Executives
Jack has had over 30 years local government experience. He has been Managing Director of Wychavon since 2004. He joined Wychavon in 2000 as Head of Planning Services. Before that he held roles in Worthing Borough Council, Horsham District Council and Watford Borough Council.
Roles below non-remunerated:
- Member of West Mercia Local Resilience Forum
- Chairman of the Avon Navigation Trust
- Chairman of Malvern Hills Science Park
£118,000 to £127,500
SMT car allowance, options for a corporate gym membership.