New claims for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support 

We have introduced an online claim form to improve the process of making an application for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support and enable residents to get their payments quicker. 

Apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support

IT support for those who need it

  • Our Contact Centres will continue to provide support for people who do not have access to online facilities or who need assistance to make a claim. Additional computers will be provided in our centres for people to make claims and staff will provide face-to-face help.
  • People can also use computers at libraries across South Worcestershire.

Submit your claim from the comfort of your own home

A huge benefit of the new system is that people will be able to make claims and submit documents from their own homes at any time of the day, or even while on the move using mobile devices or laptops.

One month to complete an application

Please do not wait until you have all your evidence before submitting your claim as you may lose out on benefit.

People who rent their homes and who are on a low income can apply for Housing Benefit which is means tested at the point of application. Council Tax Support can cover a percentage of the bills for people of working age and up to 100 per cent for pensioners.