Apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support
People who rent their homes and who are on a low income can apply for Housing Benefit which is means tested at the point of application. Council Tax Support can cover a percentage of the bills for people of working age and up to 100 per cent for pensioners.
*The application is for new claims only
You can only claim Housing Benefit if any of these apply:
- You have reached State Pension Age
- You have the severe disablement premium (SDP) within any current legacy benefit
- You are in Council placed emergency housing or certain types of exempt or specified accommodation
If this list does not apply to you then you will need to make a claim through Universal Credits instead.
One month to complete an application
- The form includes full instructions on how to make claims as well as a list of the evidence and documents that claimants need to provide.
- New claimants are advised not to delay submitting their forms as they will have one month to either email their scanned or photographed supporting documents to Benefits@southworcestershirerevenues.gov.uk or drop them into the Council Offices.
Please do not wait until you have all your evidence before submitting your claim as you may lose out on benefit.
Payments of Housing Benefits are paid directly into your bank account. If you do not have a bank account, you would need to open a new account.
Our Contact Centres will continue to provide support for people who do not have access to online facilities or who need assistance to make a claim. Additional computers will be provided in our centres for people to make claims and staff will provide face-to-face help.
Wychavon District Council
Pershore Civic Centre - The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT
Evesham Contact Centre - Evesham Community Contact Centre, Evesham Library, Oat Street, Evesham, WR11 4PJ
Droitwich Contact Centre - Droitwich Spa Library, Victoria Square, Droitwich Spa, WR9 8DQ
Malvern Hills District Council
The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF
Worcester City Council
The Hive, Sawmill Walk, The Butts, Worcester, WR1 3PB
- View your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim using your Self Service account.
- Let us know if you have a change of circumstances, as this could affect your benefits entitlement.