The self service facility and online eclaim applications will be unavailable between the hours of 9am to 5pm on Sunday 15th September, due to maintenance work. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support

Start your new claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support, if you need help to pay your rent or a reduction in your Council Tax costs.

People who rent their homes and who are on a low income can apply for Housing Benefit which is means tested at the point of application. Council Tax Support can cover a percentage of the bills for people of working age and up to 100 per cent for pensioners.

Start your new claim


Apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support

(You can only claim Housing Benefit if any of these apply:*The application is for new claims only)

  • You have reached State Pension Age
  • You have the severe disablement premium (SDP) within any current legacy benefit
  • You are in Council placed emergency housing or certain types of exempt or specified accommodation

If this list does not apply to you then you will need to make a claim through Universal Credits instead. 

Completing your application

Please do not wait until you have all your evidence before submitting your claim as you may lose out on benefit.


Payments of Housing Benefits are paid directly into your bank account. If you do not have a bank account, you would need to open a new account.

Application support

Our Contact Centres will continue to provide support for people who do not have access to online facilities or who need assistance to make a claim. Additional computers will be provided in our centres for people to make claims and staff will provide face-to-face help.


Wychavon District Council
Pershore Civic Centre - The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT. Tel:01386 565000 
Evesham Contact Centre - Evesham Community Contact Centre, Evesham Library, Oat Street, Evesham, WR11 4PJ. Tel:01386 565000
Droitwich Contact Centre - Droitwich Spa Library, Victoria Square, Droitwich Spa, WR9 8DQ. Tel:01386 565000

Malvern Hills District Council
The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF

Worcester City Council
The Hive, Sawmill Walk, The Butts, Worcester, WR1 3PB

Already receiving Housing Benefits or Council Tax Support?

Useful links