Wychavon have just agreed New Homes Bonus funding for ten project applications from parish councils totalling £45,260
New Homes Bonus is a grant paid by central government to Wychavon and other principal councils to reflect and incentivise housing growth in their areas. It is based on the amount of extra Council Tax revenue raised for new homes and empty homes brought back into use.
Wychavon believe they remain one of the only councils in the country to reallocate some New Homes Bonus back to the parishes and towns where development has taken place so that communities can benefit from the reward.
The projects, which were considered by Wychavon’s Localism and Community Funding Panel earlier this week, include::
- Inkberrow Council - £16,000 towards to a trim trail, basket swing and jungle climber plus ground work for the Inkberrow Play Area refresh.
- Defford and Besford Parish Council - £3,500 to carry out drainage and resurfacing works to the Village Hall car park.
- Flyford Flavell Parish Council - £5,259 toward the heating in the community space at St Peter’s Church.
- Himbleton Parish Council - £5,118 to improve facilities at Himbleton Cricket Club
- South Lenches Parish Council - £4,330 towards - new toilets and introduction of a disabled facility and baby changing facilities at the Lenches Club.
- Elmley Lovett Parish Council - £2,331.50 to purchase roundabout for children’s play area.
- Upton Snodsbury Parish Council - £800 towards a defibrillator to be installed at the Village Hall and £2,000 to purchase an outdoor exercise bike plus ground work for the multi sports facility.
Cllr. Gerry O’Donnell, portfolio holder for Community Development, Culture and Sport said “It’s absolutely fantastic to see this money being spent on such great community projects that will have a lasting benefit. We remain of the opinion that some of our New Homes Bonus should be shared with the communities where development takes place. We’re very proud that, as far as we’re aware, we’re the only council that does this. This is Localism in action.”
To find out more about New Homes Bonus allocations click here.