Community heroes recognised at awards
Inspirational people from across Wychavon have been celebrated at this year's Community Recognition Awards.The annual ceremony, which was held on 7 March, recognised 'community heroes' who, in 2018, have volunteered, coached or helped others and made the district a better place to live and work.
Wychavon's judging panel read through all of the nominations and the inspirational stories in its search for those people who had done the most to help people of all ages improve their neighbourhood, club, society or community in the past year.
The categories and winners in the awards were:
- Young Volunteer Award- Katie Bowen
- Volunteer Award- Mavis James
- Sporting Hero Award- Helen Russell
- Community Project Award- The Shop Project Team (The Shop at Crowle)
- Enabling Healthy Lives Award- Liz Jauncey
- Arts Recognition Award- Rosie Philpott
- Community Group Award- Droitwich Council for Voluntary Service
- Lifetime Achievement Award- Patty White
Tracy Grubb, Community Development Officer at Wychavon District Council, said: "The Community Recognition Awards were a huge success and we want to thank everyone involved and those who have supported us.
"Every category this year was full of very well deserving people who put the needs of others before themselves. We are proud that these selfless people do so much to make Wychavon an amazing place to live and work."
Visit www.wychavon.gov.uk/recognitionaward for more information.
Pictured: The winners at the Community Recognition Awards with Cllr Tony Rowley, Chairman of Wychavon District Council. Photo by Stuart Purfield Photography.