Located off the B4090 Hanbury Road, approximately 3/4 mile to the east of Droitwich Town Centre, in front of Droitwich Rugby Club Grounds.
The canal was originally built by James Brindley and opened in 1771 and has recently been undergoing restoration work.
The culmination of more than 35 years of campaigning to restore two Worcestershire waterways will come later this year (2010) with the opening of the Barge canal between the river Severn and Droitwich Spa. The Junction canal is scheduled to follow in 2011.
The Droitwich canal restoration partnership was established in 2000 between British Waterways, Droitwich Canals Trust, The Waterways Trust, Wychavon District Council and Worcestershire County Council. The overall project on completion will provide a linear canal park and a 21 mile cruising ring.
- Park open every day of the year
- Parking - car park on site (pay and display £2 all day)
- Toilets - none on site, nearest at Lido park in town centre
- children's play area
- picnic areas
- wildflower areas
- canal walks
- Dog waste - poop scoop bins provided - please clean up after your dog
- Area - approx 0.5 hectares
Contact the Parks Team
Wychavon District Council
Telephone 01386 565000 - between 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday