Public House Relief 2017/18
In the Spring Budget 2017, the Chancellor announced a £1,000 business rate discount for public houses for the period 1 April 2017 – 31st March 2018.
The scheme is available to eligible occupied properties with a rateable value of less than £100,000. The relief has been automatically applied and amended bills issued.
The Government’s states that eligible pubs must:
- Be open to the general public
- Allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided
- Allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed
- Allow drinks to be purchased at a bar.
The Government has excluded the following property categories from the scheme:
- restaurants, cafes and snack bars
- nightclubs, casinos and cinemas
- hotels, guesthouses and boarding houses
- concert halls, music venues, sporting venues and festival sites
- theatres, museums and exhibition halls
Awards such as Pub Relief are required to comply with the EU law on State Aid. This states that an organisation cannot receive more than €200,000 of government funding over a 3 year period, as set out under the De Minimis Regulations EC 1407/2013. If you believe you have exceeded the €200,000 state aid limit please contact us immediately.
If you have not been awarded the relief or do not wish to receive the relief please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03004 560 560.