Our Rural Communities and Economy Advisory Panel provides our Executive Board with advice and policy development support on matters relating to the rural areas of the district, including the development of the rural economy. The Panel's responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the Rural Communities Programme and advising on the need for and shape of any successor programmes.
- Considering partnership and investment projects which affect rural areas.
- Considering any Growth Fund or LEADER applications or matters which affect the rural areas of the district.
- Promoting and encouraging opportunities for other European, lottery or other funding to support the economies and communities of our rural areas.
- Promoting and encouraging solutions to rural challenges such as broadband, social isolation and transport.
- Considering neighbourhood planning projects and making recommendations to the Executive Board.
- Developing relationships with educational establishments which support the rural economy, including Pershore College and South Worcestershire College.
- Advising on how community capacity in the district can be enhanced.
- From time to time, organising Panel sponsored events.
Meetings of the Panel are open to the public. You can view meeting dates, agendas and minutes here.
The Protect Your Farm, Protect Yourself event is taking place on Thursday 22 November 2018, between 4-7pm in the Lindon Suite at the Three Counties Showground (WR13 6NW). All members of the rural business and farming community are invited to a free marketplace event, where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions and receive advice on a number of issues, including business and rural crime & property protection, well-being & farm safety, and economy & finance from the following key organisations:
- Business and Rural Crime Liaison Officers - West Mercia Police
- We Don't Buy Crime Project - West Mercia Police
- NatWest Community Bankers
- West Mercia Neighbourhood Watch
- Community and Environmental Protection Officers/Community Wardens - Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Councils
- Superfast Worcestershire
- Datatag ID
- Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority
- Victim Support
- Wellbeing Hub - Worcestershire Healthy Minds in partnership with Community First
- Time to Change Worcestershire - Community First
- Economic Development - Malvern Hills District Council supported by Worcester Business Central
- Homes England
- Wildgoose Rural Training
More stallholders to be confirmed.
Free property protection is available on all farming equipment that is brought along on the night, and enjoy free soup, a roll and refreshments (first come, first served) whilst talking to stallholders and like-minded guests.
Have your chance to ask the experts during our live Q&A session starting at 5:15pm, hosted by former H&W BBC radio presenter, Mike George, with the following members on the panel:
- Chief Superintendent Kevin Purcell, West Mercia Police
- Jake Freestone, Farm Manager, Overbury Farms
- Sam Durham, Chief Land Management Adviser, NFU Mutual
- Dr Frances Howie, Director of Public Health, Worcestershire County Council
- Jack Hegarty, Chief Executive/Managing Director, Malvern Hills and Wychavon District Councils
For more information contact:
Call: 01386 565517