Supplementary Planning Guidance and Documents
The South Worcestershire Councils are consulting on the following draft Supplementary Planning Documents:
Draft Developer Contributions SPD
The revised Developer Contributions SPD sets out advice in light of new infrastructure evidence, e.g. the development of the Local Transport Plan 4, and a number of other amendments including to take account of the adoption of a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), which came into effect in June 2017 for Malvern Hills District and Wychavon District Councils, and September 2017 for Worcester City Council.
Draft Renewable and Low Carbon Energy SPD
This SPD relates to SWDP27 of the adopted South Worcestershire Development Plan, which seeks to promote a percentage of energy requirements on qualifying development sites to be provided from renewable and/or low carbon energy sources. The policy also requires large scale development to examine the potential for decentralised energy and heating networks. The policy is supportive of stand alone renewable and low carbon energy schemes (with the exception of wind turbines), subject to consideration of other SWDP policies.
Draft Water Management and Flooding SPD
The SPD relates to the following policies in the adopted South Worcestershire Development Plan: SWDP28 Management of Flood Risk, SWDP29 Sustainable Drainage Systems, and SWDP30 Water Resources, Efficiency and Treatment, which seek to minimise the impacts of flood risk and to direct development to the areas of lowest flood risk, promote effective water management and maintain water quality.
All three SPDs are being consulted upon from Friday 2nd February to Friday 16th March 2018. All representations MUST be received by 17:00 on the closing date.
The draft documents can be viewed on the SWDP website: http://www.swdevelopmentplan.org/?page_id=10027
Response forms can be downloaded and completed, for return to:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- in writing to South Worcestershire Development Plan Team, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT
Hard copies of the draft SPDs can be viewed and consultation forms can be collected at:
- Worcester - Customer Service Centre at the Hive; Libraries at St. John's and Warndon;
- Wychavon - Community Contact Centres in Pershore, Evesham and Droitwich; Libraries at Evesham, Droitwich, Pershore and Broadway;
- Malvern Hills - Customer Service Centres at Malvern and Tenbury Wells; Libraries at Malvern, Tenbury Wells and Upton upon Severn.
South Worcestershire Design Guide SPD 2018
The Design Guide SPD was adopted on Monday 5th March 2018 and covers the local planning authorities of Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council (known collectively as the South Worcestershire Councils (SWC)).
The SPD provides additional guidance on how the SWDP design related policies should be interpreted, for example through the design and layout of new development and public spaces across south Worcestershire, and is consistent with the planning policies in the SWDP, in particular SWDP21 Design. It is aimed at built design professionals, e.g. architects, urban designers and developers but it will also be of relevance to anyone else with an interest in the delivery of quality residential design and public spaces.
The Design Guide SPD and associated documentation can be viewed here.
South Worcestershire Planning for Health SPD 2017
This Planning for Health SPD was adopted on 20th September 2017 and covers the local planning authorities of Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council (known collectively as the South Worcestershire Councils (SWC). It has been prepared in partnership with the Strategic Planning team and the Directorate of Public Health at Worcestershire County Council and representatives from Planning Policy and Development Management teams within the SWC.
The Planning for Health in South Worcestershire Supplementary Planning Document provides guidance to local authority planning officers, applicants, relevant organisations and the wider community on delivering healthier developments.
The Planning for Health SPD and associated documentation can be viewed here.
South Worcestershire Affordable Housing SPD 2016
The South Worcestershire Councils adopted the South Worcestershire Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document on the 26th October 2016.
The Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document will help developers, land owners and others who hope to build affordable housing under policies outlined in the SWDP.
It supports the SWDP policies on new affordable housing and explains how these policies will be interpreted and implemented. It includes information on the amount, design, location and tenure of new affordable housing.
The Affordable Housing SPD, Consultation Statement and Adoption Statement can be viewed here
South Worcestershire Developer Contributions SPD 2016
The South Worcestershire Councils adopted the South Worcestershire Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document on the 20th October 2016.
The Developer Contributions SPD sets out the South Worcestershire Councils' approach to seeking developer contributions via the SWDP for infrastructure or environmental improvements requires as a result of development. The SPD provides guidance about when planning obligations will be expected, the scale of developer contributions, and how developer contributions will be used.
The South Worcestershire Playing Pitch Strategy presents an overall framework for the future provision of playing fields across South Worcestershire. It draws upon the issues identified within separate assessment reports for Malvern Hills District, Worcester City and Wychavon District and sets out the priorities for the delivery of playing pitches for football, rugby, cricket and hockey up to 2030.
The following report covers the Wychavon area and accompanies the Council's Playing Pitch Strategy and these documents together, developed using the up-to-date Sport England methodologies, provide the Council with a robust evidence base and set of strategic priorities to direct future sports planning policy and funding in the context of growth.
Please note, the below SPGs and SPDs are now defunct as they each relied upon on a policy of the now extinct Wychavon District Local Plan. They are therefore no longer material considerations in the determination of planning applications, however they can still be used as a source of information until they are updated in line with the SWDP. For more information on consultation on emerging DPDs and SPDs, please see the SWDP consultations webpage.
- Bewdley Lane / Blind Lane, Evesham Supplementary Planning Document
- Cycle Strategy 2004
- Cycle Strategy 2004 - Pershore Area Map
- Cycle Strategy 2004 - Evesham Area Map
- Cycle Strategy 2004 - Droitwich Spa Area Map
- Cycle Strategy 2004 - District Map
- Design Concept Statement Housing Allocation at Badsey Road/Lane, Evesham Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
- Development Guide for Throckmorton Airfield Supplementary Planning Document
- Development Guide - Vale Park (Evesham), Phase 2 Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Residential Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document
- Water Management Supplementary Planning Document
- Droitwich Canals Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Evesham Riverside Framework Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Evesham Abbey Lane & Police Station Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Evesham, Abbey Road Depot Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Evesham, Port Street Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Evesham, Mill Street / Common Road Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Former Children's Home & Land to the Rear of the Children's Home, at Peewit Road, Evesham Supplementary Planning Document
- House Extensions Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Land Rear of Pershore High Street Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Lorries in the Vale of Evesham Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Pershore Town Centre Regeneration Supplementary Planning Guidance
- Planning and Wildlife Supplementary Planning Document
- Re-Use of Rural Buildings Supplementary Planning Document