Brief for redesign and execution of the wall mural at Lido Park Droitwich Spa
- There are 44 concrete sectional panels each 2m x 2m in size.
- A theme of nature or something related to the history of Lido Park/Droitwich Spa is required or we are open to other ideas if they are linked to the park in a clear way.
- Hand painted or sprayed art work.
- Paint used needs to stand all weathers for at least 5 years and costs must include a sealer coat.
- We would like to have at least three local groups [schools, youth groups, older people, special needs for example] to be involved with sections of the work. We will endeavour to bring these small groups during the painting period would wish them to be physically involved with the art work for an hour’s session. We will provide brushes for these sessions and will be on side to assist.
- Timing – to be carried out during June, July and August to be finished at latest by 7th September 2018.
- Budget available £7000 to include all materials
- The successful artist will need Public liability insurance for 5 million.
Decision on the art work and artist to be chosen is to be made by the Greenspace team in conjunction with Arts Officers and Councillors. Criteria will include the quality of the art work, the theme suitability for Lido Park and the medium to be used.
Submissions to include the following
- Design theme title and explanation.
- At least 3 sketch drawings in colour to illustrate your style of proposed art work for the wall.
- Two other examples of your art work
- Your CV
- Your time plan for the work.
Submissions required by 12.00 noon on Monday 14th of May 2018.
Any Queries please contact me.
Either hard copy or email to email@example.com
To Lynn Stevens Dip. ILAM, MSc, C Hort. FCIHort
Senior Parks/Greenspace Officer.
Wychavon District Council
Queen Elizabeth Drive,