Win £500 for your school, youth group or early years provider by entering our #TastyToastie Competition!
Get your kids thinking more about how what they eat can impact on the environment by entering your school, youth group or early year providers into the #TastyToastie competition.
The winning entry will be awarded £500 for their organisation. Second place will win £250 and third place £100. This can then be used on any food related item or project such as cookbooks, cooking equipment, cooking lessons, a breakfast club or a growing kit for an outdoor area.
We are working with environmental charity, Hubbub on #FoodSavvy – a campaign to help residents cut down on their food waste at home.
In May, June and July – we're focussing on bread through #UseYourLoaf. Toast and toasties are a great way of cutting down on the 20 million slices of bread that are wasted in UK homes each day.
Through the #TastyToastie competition, we hope to get kids, parents and schools to use more creative ways to cut down on the amount of bread wasted at home.
How to enter #TastyToastie
Entering the competition is quick and easy. Just follow the steps below but make sure your entry is with us before the closing date of Friday 1 July 2022.
Step 1: Let us know your school, youth group or early years provider is taking part by registering with us using our #TastyToastie online registration form.
Step 2: pdf Download our Tasty Toastie leaflet (2.10 MB) and share it with your pupils/children to help get them thinking about the staggering amount of bread that is wasted in the UK every year and how easy it is to avoid it. We'd be grateful if you could also share them with parents either by including them in your regular newsletter, if you have one, or we are happy to provide printed leaflets for you to distribute. Just let us know how many you need when you register with us.
Step 3: Get your pupils or children to create inventive toastie recipes and take pictures of the toasties they make. This can be done in any format. For instance, you may wish to hold a cooking class within your school or organisation. Alternatively, you can encourage the pupils/children to make their toasties at home.
If this isn't possible then we are happy to accept drawings of the toasties. The important things is to get people thinking about food waste, particularly bread waste, and the simple things we can all do to avoid it.
Step 4: Choose a 'menu' of three toasties to represent your school or organisation. The menu should contain one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner toastie. Each toastie must include a name, recipe, and picture for each one.
Step 5: Submit your school or organisation's menu using our #TastyToastie entry form.
The winners will be chosen in the week starting 4 July 2022. Read the terms and conditions below for more information.
Terms and conditions
- The Tasty Toastie Competition is run by Wychavon District Council with support from Hubbub Foundation: UK Registered Charity No. 1158700 | Registered Company No. 09038107. Registered office is at Somerset House, The Strand, London, WC2R 1LA.
- The competition is open to all schools, youth groups and early years providers within Wychavon District.
- The competition is open from Monday 23 May 2022 until Friday 11.59pm on 1 July. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- Three schools will be chosen as first place, second place and third place winners and will be awarded the respective prize amounts. Each winner will be notified and confirmed by email. If the winner cannot be contacted, has not completed both criteria for entry or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The prizes are provided by Wychavon District Council and are as follows: £500 for the first-place organisation, £250 for the second-place organisation and £100 for the third-place organisation.
- The prize is as stated and is not transferable.
- The prize money will be provided via bank transfer and must be spent on food-related items or activities.
- Hubbub’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- All entrants agree to the use of their name and any photography or films created will be used in publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Hubbub shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Hubbub reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.