Litter picks are a great way to encourage communities to come together.
If you want to arrange a litter pick we can lend you litter picking kits comprising of litter pickers, gloves, high visibility vests and a roll of sacks. We will also collect the waste once you have finished.
What you need to do:
- We will send you a registration form together with some advice and information.
- Complete the registration form, telling us how many people you think will turn out and when you want to collect the kit. (Please give us as much notice as possible to ensure the kit is available)
- Let us know when and where you want us to collect the waste and we’ll make the arrangements.
- Return the kit and disclaimer form within 48 hours.
Good places to clean
- Routes to schools or school grounds, public parks/playgrounds run by the parish or town council, public footpaths and bridleways, bus stops, nature reserves; anywhere that people gather.
- Choose an area where it is safe for members of the public to work.
- Visit the area and assess risks beforehand.
- Agree a place and time to gather and to start.
- Make sure people sign the disclaimer form and that they wear the high visibility vests and gloves.
- Take a first aid kit and anti-bacterial hand wipes.
We are very grateful for the support of all the Parish Councils who undertake litter picks and look forward to working with you to keep the district clean.