Social Mobility Grant Scheme
We have set aside £20,000 for a new Social Mobility Grant scheme to provide support and improve outcomes for Free School Meal (FSM) eligible children and / or their families. We’ve invited schools and voluntary organisations to apply for small grants to help close the gap between the most disadvantaged children and young people and their peers.
Applications have now closed and grants will be awarded in March 2019. We are planning to run the scheme again during 2019/20.
Who can apply?
- Early years’ settings (children’s centres, nurseries, pre-schools etc)
- Schools (academies or local authority maintained)
- Voluntary and community sector organisations (parent support groups, mother and toddler groups etc)
What we will and won’t fund
Successful projects should make a genuine difference to the outcomes for children and young people and may include:
- Positive activities for FSM eligible children and young people both during school time and out of normal school hours.
- Provision or extension of wraparound care services, such as breakfast or homework clubs before and/or after school.
- Targeted interventions by schools and early years’ settings aimed at reducing any gaps in attainment. This may include the piloting of schemes to raise attainment in core subject areas.
- Interventions to improve pupil confidence, self esteem or mental wellbeing amongst FSM eligible children and young people.
- Projects that raise school attendance rates.
We will not usually fund:
- Projects that do not directly improve outcomes for FSM eligible children in Wychavon.
- Projects that have already been completed or largely completed before we receive an application.
- Any expenditure incurred or committed before we approve an award.
- Day to day running costs, replacement equipment, repairs, maintenance or the costs of meeting health and safety requirements.
- One off events.
- Fundraising activities.
- Work that is the responsibility of other public bodies or organisations.
Want to discuss your idea?
For an informal discussion about your project please call David Manning on 01386 565478 or email at email@example.com.