Providing high quality customer service is one of our values and all our staff are committed to delivering the best possible standard of customer service to our customers.
What customers can expect from us
- We aim to get it right first time, every time, so that you don't have to keep contacting us about the same issue.
- We will provide accurate and clear information in response to your enquiries.
- We will be attentive, friendly, polite, considerate and professional at all times.
- We will use plain English, avoid jargon and technical terms; and will arrange for a translator if required.
- We will be open and honest about what we can or cannot deliver.
- If you need special help we will try to make arrangements that meet your needs.
- We will ask customers what they think about how we have performed.
- We will respond to enquiries made by email within 1 working day. In most cases this will be a full response but if the issue will take longer to investigate or resolve we will tell you when you can expect a full response. If the officer you need is out of the office you will be advised when that officer will be available and who to contact in the meantime if your enquiry is urgent.
When you send a Letter
- We will respond to enquiries made by letter within 5 working days. In most cases this will be a full response but if the issue will take longer to investigate or resolve we will tell you.
Visit in person
- At our Customer Contact Centres, where we deal with face to face enquiries and payments, we aim to see you within 10 minutes, and resolve 90% of transactions at the first point of contact.
- If we cannot help you we will advise you who can, provide you with facilities to speak to them over the phone, or pass on contact details if this is more suitable.
- If you need an appointment with a specialist officer we will make the necessary arrangements for you to see them at the most convenient location.
- If your enquiry is not dealt with the first time you contact us we will make sure you know what is happening and when you can expect to receive further contact.
Make an enquiry online
- We will ensure information contained on our web site is accurate and up to date.
- We aim to answer phones by a person within 15 seconds, between the hours of 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. At times of peak demand such as the launch of a new service, we will advise you if you are in a queue and will keep waiting times as short as possible.