Wychavon is responsible for the parks and open spaces in the Evesham, Pershore and Droitwich areas, including two designated Nature Reserves (one of which is in Broadway). Some other sites are managed with wildlife needs very much in mind and these are noted as Nature Areas.
Hire our parks and open spaces
The parks, gardens and open spaces are used to host a variety of events throughout the summer months. From brass band concerts, charity events and carnivals to the biggest angling festival in the country.
If you would like to hold an event in one of our parks or open spaces please fill in the events enquiry form.
We will then review your request and get back to you.
We will need at least 28 days notice before the date of your event and the following:
- Full event details
- Detailed risk assessments
- Public liability insurance documents
- Site plans
- Completed event application
For a list of open spaces in the area, please see Open Spaces.
Public camping is not allowed in any of our parks and open spaces. Occasionally camping for people attending a particular event is allowed, but this needs to be requested and approved through the events booking system.
Responsible behaviour in parks, open spaces and nature reserves
- Please keep dogs under control and clear up after them using the bins provided
- Use the litter and the recycling bins provided
- Respect the trees, grass and planting and do not cause them any damage
- Do not obstruct, disturb or annoy any other person using the area
- Do not erect any tent, booth, stand, building or other structure
- Do not enter or allow your dog to enter any ornamental lake, pond or stream or other water area
- Do not pollute any water areas of any sort
- Use of drones to fly over any Wychavon District Council land is not permitted
- Barbeques (inc small portable trays) - see below*
- Motor cycling
- Horse riding
- Metal detectors are not permitted in any of our parks or open spaces
*Please note - we do not allow barbeques, including the small portable trays, to be used in our parks and open spaces as experience has shown that they can cause expensive and unsightly damage to park furniture and/or the grass. Also there is a danger of vegetation fires and the associated left-over food and waste is a potential hazard. We ask for your co-operation in this matter.
Provide comments on our parks or open spaces to Complaints, Compliments and Suggestions.
Tree management strategy
Public Spaces Protection Order (“PSPO”) across the Council’s riverside parks in Evesham
Following consultation, Wychavon District Council, in exercise of its powers under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, made a Public Spaces Protection Order (“PSPO”) prohibiting urination and defecation and restricting the consumption and carrying of alcohol across Workman Gardens, Waterside Gardens, Abbey Park, Crown Meadow, Viaduct Meadow and Corporation Meadow in Evesham. Any person who fails to comply with the Order without reasonable excuse may commit an offence and be liable to prosecution.
A copy of the Order can be found below along with copies of the plans showing the land subject to the Order and a summary of the consultation undertaken by the Council.
Contact the Parks Team
Wychavon District Council
Telephone 01386 565000 - between 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday