Council Tax

We issue a bill to all households in March at the start of each financial year. The bill shows how much you have to pay each month. The service of this bill (or demand) places a duty on the person named on the bill to pay as notified.

Where your circumstances change or you move house during the financial year, you should let us know straight away so that your bill can be adjusted accordingly.

Your bill will show how the charge is calculated including elements for precepting authorities e.g. the fire brigade. It will also show any discounts/exemptions or benefits you have applied for and the council believes you are entitled to.

Our Council Tax pages will assist you with any queries and help you to manage your Council Tax bill, see the following:

Appeals - If you are not happy with a decision made about your valuation band or your liability to pay a bill
Change of address - Tell us if you are changing your address so that you can pay the right amount of Council Tax
Council Tax Support - If you are liable to pay Council Tax, you may be entitled to support on your bill
Disability benefits - Financial assistance available for disabled people
Discounts and exemptions - Find out if you are eligible for reductions to your Council Tax bill 
How to Pay - Alternative ways of paying for your council tax bill
New benefit claims - Apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support


ebilling sign up today

Use my local area search to find your Council Tax band and the annual charge for your property.

If you are unsure which band a property is in you can find out by going to the Valuation Office Agency website and searching the Council Tax lists pages.

The charges shown assume that no discounts or exemptions apply. To see if you or the property would qualify for a discount or exemption please go to our Discounts and exemptions page.

You may also be entitled to a reduction by qualifying for benefit.  Please go to our Council Tax Support or Housing Benefits pages for more information.

If you cannot find the information you require then please contact us.

Most dwellings are subject to the Council Tax. There will be one bill per dwelling, whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, maisonette, mobile home or houseboat, and whether it is owned or rented.

Each dwelling has been placed in one of eight bands according to its open market capital value at 1 April 1991 and this is based on certain assumptions:

  • vacant possession
  • a freehold interest or;
  • if a flat, a 99 year leasehold at a nominal rental and
  • the property being in a reasonable state of repair.

The bands are as follows:

Council Tax Bands

Band Minimum Maximum
A up to £40,000
B £40,001 £52,000
C £52,001 £68,000
D £68,001 £88,000
E £88,001 £120,000
F £120,001 £160,000
G £160,001 £320,000
H £320,001 and above

Your Council Tax bill states which band applies to your dwelling.

Please note: This value has been assessed by the Inland Revenue NOT the District Council. The Valuation List can be inspected at Government Buildings, Whittington Road, Worcester, by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website or at our Community Contact Centres at Pershore, Evesham & Droitwich.

You may be able to appeal against this valuation - see Appeals.

Find your Council Tax Band by using 'My Local Area' search here.

Using the Wychavon Parish search facility you will be able to find out your Council Tax Band And Rates as well as other useful information including:

  • Domestic Refuse/Recycling and Garden Waste
  • Council Tax and Business Rates
  • Thermal Imagery
  • Cooling Towers
  • Hospitals
  • Planning Applications
  • Points of Interest
  • Recycling Points
  • Telecommunication Masts for 3, O2, Orange, T-Mobile and Vodaphone
  • Tourist Information Centres; and
  • Wychavon DC and Housing Association Offices

Aerial photographs are also available from our 1999 dataset and we are working on getting a later version online soon.

To access all of this information please click here.

We can now send your council tax bills to you by email instead of through the post.

The benefits of e-Billing

  • You will receive your bill as soon as it is available
  • It saves paper so is better for the environment
  • It helps to reduce council spending by saving printing and postage costs
  • You still have the option to print your bill or forward a copy to someone if you need to.

How to sign up for e-Billing

There are three ways to sign up for e-Billing:

  • Send an email from the address you would like us to use with ‘Yes to e-Billing’ in the subject line and include your name and council tax account number (on your bill) or your address. Send your email to
  • Or you can register for our online council tax self service facility which includes e-Billing sign up and lets you view full details of your account
  • Or you can call 03004 560 560 and ask to sign up for e-Billing.

What happens next?

  • Once you have signed up for e-billing we will send future council tax bills to you by email unless you ask us to stop
  • You must tell us if you change your email address
  • We will contact you if our emails to you cannot be delivered because your email address is invalid.