Planned maintenance on this service
5:00pm Friday 28 April 2017 to 5:00pm Sunday 30 April
Planned maintenance work will be taking place on this website from 5:00pm Friday 28 April 2017 to 5:00pm Sunday 30 April. During this time the following online services will be unavailable:
- Planning Applications Search and Comments
- Council Tax and Benefits Self-service
- Online Payments
- My Local Area
- Committee Meetings and Minutes
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
3D Secure System
The Council has recently upgraded its payment system to a 3D secure system which may require you to use your ‘verified by Visa’ password, or equivalent, when making card payments online. Please make sure that you have this password ready to use if you are planning to make a payment.
With the online payments service you can pay with any of the following types of credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Switch, Solo, Visa Delta).
There is no charge for making payments online.
If you are in a public place, make sure that you are not being overlooked and that your personal details cannot be taken and misused by somebody else.
What services can I pay for?
- Council Tax
- Business Rates
- Invoice for Overpaid Housing Benefit
- Penalty Charge Notices (Parking Fines)
- Sundry Invoices (where you have received an invoice from us)
- Trade Waste Invoices (where you have received an invoice from us)
- Garden Waste (if you have received your invoice)
Is it safe?
Your personal information will be kept safe. We will receive your information using a secure server. This means that the transaction is encrypted between your machine and the authority's server.
Once your credit/debit card details have been submitted and your card company has approved the payment, the payment will be processed within one working day.