Council Tax Support formerly known as Council Tax Benefit, is a system which allows councils to give discounts on Council Tax bills to help people who have a low income. Unlike Housing Benefit payments, Council Tax Support normally cannot be backdated.

Am I eligible?

If you or your partner are working age and liable to pay Council Tax, you may be able entitled to receive a discount of up to 100% on your Council Tax bill. 

Your benefit will be calculated based on the following:

  • your capital, including any savings
  • your income
  • the amount of Council Tax or rent you pay
  • your family circumstances

How to apply

Apply for Council Tax support

Once you have completed the form you will see an evidence checklist, which lists the documents that you need to provide in order for us to assess your claim.

Application support

Our Contact Centre at Pershore will continue to provide support for people who do not have access to online facilities or who need assistance to make a claim.

Wychavon District Council

Pershore Civic Centre - The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT - Monday to Friday 9-5pm 
Evesham Community Contact Centre - Evesham Community Contact Centre, Evesham Library, Oat Street, Evesham, WR11 4PJ - Friday 9:30-3:30
Droitwich Contact Centre - Droitwich Spa Library, Victoria Square, Droitwich Spa, WR9 8DQ - Tuesday 9:30-3:30

Malvern Hills District Council

The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF

Worcester City Council

Customer Service Centre, 89 High Street. Worcester WR1 2EY. Appointments can be booked by emailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

For residents suffering from extreme, short-term financial hardship we may be able to offer limited short-term help through our Exceptional Hardship Fund.

You can apply for this after you have received your bill by e-mailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or writing to Vic Allison, Chief Executive, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT and providing a brief description of your short-term hardship.  We may ask you to fill out a form and provide supporting evidence of your hardship.

If you have any questions or need guidance on anything related to Council Tax, see Contact us.

View your existing claim

Login into your Self Service account to view your claim.