During 2020/21 we will spend £11.5 million on services and this will come mostly come from Council Tax and business rates.
We have been careful to protect our services as much as possible and keep our costs low so that you don’t feel the pinch.
We are one of the very few councils across the country that have chosen to freeze our council tax this year and we are able to do this because of the success of our grow, save, charge business plan and our good financial position. Wychavon’s bill will continue to be the lowest in Worcestershire and one of the lowest in the country.
- Find out more about what you get for your Council Tax in our pdf Your Services 2020-21 leaflet (2.88 MB)
- A detailed explanation of pdf how your Council Tax is spent (587 KB)
- Find out if you can receive a discount or exemption on your Council Tax bill
- Check that you are on the correct Council Tax band or rate
- Log in to your Self Service account to view your Council Tax bill
Detailed information on how each organisation spends its share of the Council Tax bill is available by clicking on the links below:
- Worcestershire County Council
- West Mercia Police and Crime Commissioner
- pdf Wychavon District Council (2.88 MB)
- Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Authority
Additional charge for adult social care
The Secretary of State made an offer to adult social care authorities. (“Adult social care authorities” are local authorities which have functions under Part 1 of the Care Act 2014, namely county councils in England, district councils for an area in England for which there is no county council, London borough councils, the Common Council of the City of London and the Council of the Isles of Scilly.)
The offer was the option of an adult social care authority being able to charge an additional “precept” on its council tax without holding a referendum, to assist the authority in meeting its expenditure on adult social care from the financial year 2016-17. It was originally made in respect of the financial years up to and including 2019-20. If the Secretary of State chooses to renew this offer in respect of a particular financial year, this is subject to the approval of the House of Commons.
The offer was renewed for the financial year 2020/21 allowing an additional 2% increase for adult social care.
Council Tax Charges
- pdf pdf The 2020/2021 Council Tax Charges (37 KB) (37 KB)
- pdf pdf The 2019/2020 Council Tax Charges (39 KB) (39 KB)
- pdf pdf The 2018/2019 Council Tax Charges (85 KB) (85 KB)
- pdf pdf The 2017/2018 Council Tax Charges (471 KB) (471 KB)
- pdf pdf The 2016/2017 Council Tax Charges (38 KB) (38 KB)
Council Tax Valuation and Banding
- vacant possession
- a freehold interest or;
- if a flat, a 99 year leasehold at a nominal rental and
- the property being in a reasonable state of repair.
Find your Council Tax band
- Domestic Refuse/Recycling and Garden Waste
- Council Tax and Business Rates
- Thermal Imagery
- Cooling Towers
- Planning Applications
- Points of Interest
- Recycling Points
- Telecommunication Masts for 3, O2, Orange, T-Mobile and Vodaphone
- Tourist Information Centres; and
- Wychavon DC and Housing Association Offices