We want to make it as easy as possible for you to start, run and grow your business in Wychavon. This is the number one priority for us and we're doing all we can to help you. We work with Worcestershire Growth Hub to bring all aspects of business support into one place, making it clear and simple for businesses to access and find the help they need.
Whether you are looking to launch a start-up, expand your current business or make your operations more resource efficient, you will most likely require some financial support.
Use the links below to find the information you need:
- Wychavon District Council business start up grant
- Early stage business support
- Wychavon District Council business growth grant
- The Elevate Programme
- The Manufacturing Growth Programme
- Business Energy Efficiency Programme (BEEP)
- Low Carbon Opportunities Programme
- Business Upskilling Grant
Our scheme is available to support new businesses to start up and grow in Wychavon, by providing grants and access to business advice. We seek to encourage the occupation of commercial premises to help regenerate town centres, stimulate entrepreneurship, create new jobs, and enhance the sustainability of new businesses.
Pre-start businesses and new businesses that have been trading less than 36 months can apply for a grant of up to £1,000, or up to £1,500 if they are in or moving into premises that are liable to business rates.
The grant must be match-funded, pound for pound from the business’s own resources. Only capital expenditure on an approved project/investment is eligible.
Our grant is offered as part of the support package available via the Enterprising Worcestershire programme. Please read the following information before you apply:
Enterprising Worcestershire is an ERDF funded programme offering support to new and early-stage businesses in the region. They are there to support businesses to start, develop and grow their early-stage business.
The support is available to anyone, whether their business idea is B2B or B2C, and will be running across Worcestershire Districts over the coming months. The course promises to deliver engaging, informative, and interactive information across 5-days and will cover a wide range of topics from sales and marketing through to pitching an idea. Upon completion of the course, individuals can also access up to 2 hours of additional 1:1 support.
In addition to the above, the new business advisors, Smarter Society will also be offering:
- Up to 2 hours of 1:1 support available for established B2B and B2C Worcestershire businesses under 5 years old
- 3-6 hours of business coaching for businesses under 5 years who are trading B2C.
Enterprising Worcestershire continues to offer the following support:
- The High Growth Activate Programme offers 24 hours of a combination of both 1:1 and peer support aimed at businesses under 2 years old with the potential for high growth
- 12 hours of B2B business coaching for businesses under 5 years old
- The Enrich Programme, in partnership with the University of Worcester offers 12 hours of start-up support to young people (16+)
- Enterprising Worcestershire partnering with Worcestershire libraries to provide start-up information and advice, including access to databases for market research and business planning.
- Grants of £1,000 - £15,000, match-funded at 40% to eligible Worcestershire businesses.
- For a limited time, grants are available up to £30,000, match -funded at 40% to eligible Worcestershire businesses.
Enterprising Worcestershire have launched their business coaching support for early-stage businesses, delivered by Real World Consultancy.
Businesses can now access 12 hours of bespoke one to one coaching support with a business coach of their choice.
If you are a Worcestershire small business under 5 years old, and trading business to business B2B visit the Enterprising Worcestershire website for more information and to book your place.
The business growth grant scheme is available for businesses that have been trading for more than one year and have a project that will help them to expand and grow.
We offer a maximum of £1,000 which must be match funded pound for pound.
The following programmes are currently available:
The Elevate Programme is aimed at ambitious businesses scaling up and trading 70% business to business.
The Manufacturing Growth Programme supports SME manufacturing businesses to grow through an in-depth diagnostic, business advice, grants, business referrals and manufacturing themed workshops. View the Manufacturing Growth Programme website
BEEP has successfully bid for more funding and the programme will run until 2023 and will help your business to save energy and cut costs. The support on offer is twofold – firstly to assess your business premises, products and processes to see what improvements can be made with energy and resource usage and secondly, to provide grants of up to £20,000 (up to 40% of the total cost of the project) to implement the recommendations from the assessment and make your business more energy efficient.
To check your eligibility and apply for an assessment through BEEP, call Worcestershire Business Central on 01905 677888, or visit the Business Central website.
If your business is looking to implement a large scale renewable energy project or has the potential for high-tech green growth, support may be available to help your business grow. Through the ERDF funded Low Carbon Opportunities Programme, small and medium sized businesses in Worcestershire may be eligible for feasibility support and grants to install renewable energy systems or launch low carbon projects.
Grants of up to 45% of the total cost of a project (to a maximum contribution of £100,000 for capital, £50,000 for revenue) are available. This programme will run until 2023.
Your business can receive up to £2,000 towards the cost of taking on an apprentice or trainee.
Businesses in any sector can apply and the money can be paid for all trainees, as long as they began training after 1 April 2021 and before 31 March 2022. You can claim up to two upskilling grants.