Funding and Support
- Funding and Support
- Inward Investment
- Business Rates
- Business advice and events
- Alcohol and Entertainment
- Lotteries and Gambling
- Taxis and Private Hire
- Street Trading
- Charitable Collections
- Skin Piercing
- Animal Licences
- Sex Establishments
- Scrap Metal Sites and Collectors
- Caravan Sites
- Licensing Fees
- Licensing Surgeries
- Public Access
- Pavement Licences
- The Pillar business hub
- Town Centre Investment Plans
- Pershore Place Board
- Evesham Place Board
- Droitwich Spa Place Board
Whether you are looking to launch a start-up, expand your current business or make your operations more resource efficient, you will most likely require some financial support.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to start, run and grow your business in Wychavon. This is the number one priority for us and we're doing all we can to help you. We work with Worcestershire Growth Hub to bring all aspects of business support into one place, making it clear and simple for businesses to access and find the help they need.
If you are starting or growing your business, developing skills, looking for commercial property, or finance, or looking for networking opportunities, free support and guidance is available at any stage of your business life-cycle. For more information, visit the Worcestershire Growth Hub website; call 01905 677 888 or e-mail
Wychavon Rural Fund
Can you see a great opportunity to start or grow your business? Do you have a bright idea to make a difference to your local community? If so, then we may be able to help turn your vision into reality.
The Wychavon Rural Fund is now open and encouraging applications for up to £25,000 from businesses and communities throughout rural Wychavon. We also welcome applications from organisations from outside Wychavon but delivering projects to benefit the rural parts of our district.
For more information read the Wychavon Rural Fund page.
Wychavon District Council business growth grant
The aim of the business growth grant is to help growing Wychavon based businesses which have been trading for more than one year to make a step change in their development.
Successful applicants will be offered a grant of up to £1,000 which must be match-funded, pound for pound, from the business’s own resources.
One grant per business only will be awarded on a first come first served basis.
Only businesses which show specific promise and clearly demonstrate how the award will make a measurable difference will be recommended for a grant.
The scheme is aimed at small business development projects that do not qualify for or are too small for UK Shared Prosperity or Rural Fund grant programmes. Applicants can confirm if their project is eligible for these programmes by contacting the Worcestershire Growth Hub or call 01905 677888.
To submit an application please complete the Wychavon Growth Grant Application Form.
If you need help completing this form then please call Emma Ridley on 01386 565513 or email
Business Apprenticeship Grant
Wychavon District Council (WDC) has joined forces with Worcestershire Training Provider Association (WTPA) to help local businesses, employ local residents through apprenticeship programmes. £60,000 is available in financial year 2023/24 to award a salary contribution grant depending on the level of the apprenticeship being taken. The grant can be applied for within the first 12 months of employing the apprentice.
- £1,000 Intermediate apprentice - Level 2
- £1,500 Advanced apprentice – Level 3
- £2,000 Higher and Degree apprentice – Level 4 and above
- Low carbon sector applications will receive an extra £100 per grant.
All business sectors are eligible to apply for the grant, however if funds are limited the priority business sectors will take precedent.
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Agriculture Technologies and Horticulture (Agri-tech)
- Low Carbon
- The Employer is located in Wychavon district postcode area
- The Employer employs less than 250
- Must be providing an approved apprenticeship
- Must pay at least the Minimum Wage for Apprentices, and is encouraged to uplift
- The employer has not had an Apprentice within the previous 12 months (can be waived at the councils discretion)
- Is aged 16 – 24 years
- Not previously employed by the Employer
- Must comply with criteria set by the National Apprenticeship Service and the Skills Sector Councils
- Must provide a framework for the Apprentice to acquire a recognised qualification (for example a Technical Certificate or an NVQ).
- Must have a duration of between 1- 4 years, with 12 months as the minimum
- All levels are eligible including Higher Apprenticeships
To apply for a business apprentice grant please complete the
Employer Grant application form
and send it to Wychavon's Skills Officer, Sue Owens at